Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    N64

    good work guys, mupen64plus kicks ass! i appreciate your goal to give the linux-community a high quality n64 emulator! maybe u even can beat pj64. incredible work so far, looking forward to seeing more.

    i was more than happy seeing conkers bfd running on my hdtv at fullspeed, nearly without problems, except some slowdows when entering new areas. ( using glide64 wonder plus as gpu plugin )

    i would like to report some problems i discovered playing zelda though.

    1. both, zelda oot and zelda mm run at average speed of 80%. title, menus, ingame.
    2. mupen doesnt show the good names properly. well, loolk at the screenshot i h've just uploaded.
    3. games using the expansion pack don't work, the expasion pack can't be found.

    for now i didnt play any other games. gonna report more bugs as far as i have time for playing around with mupen64plus again. this weekend, i suppose.

    now a little suggestion... maybe there should be an option in the gui to allow users configure mupen64plus to run directly in fullscreen. i know there is a command line option "--fullscreen" for this purpose but many guys (just think of ubuntu and many of its new users using linux like windows) have no knowledge how to use a shell.

    and yes, completely forgotten to mention the version i was using. it was the official release, Mupen64Plus v1.4.

    gonna build the svn-version this weekend (hopefully), pretty excited already.

    cya



    Last edited by mafiosnik; July 1st, 2008 at 12:25.

  2. #32
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiosnik View Post
    1. both, zelda oot and zelda mm run at average speed of 80%. title, menus, ingame.
    2. mupen doesnt show the good names properly. well, loolk at the screenshot i h've just uploaded.
    3. games using the expansion pack don't work, the expasion pack can't be found.
    1. That all depends on your CPU, Core type, Plugin settings (I get full speed on all plugins, so I don't know)
    2. That is not as much of an issue anymore with the RCS.
    3. Goto Options, and uncheck Disable Expansion Pack

  3. #33
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by okaygo View Post
    1. That all depends on your CPU, Core type, Plugin settings (I get full speed on all plugins, so I don't know)
    2. That is not as much of an issue anymore with the RCS.
    3. Goto Options, and uncheck Disable Expansion Pack
    1. well, other games run at fullspeed. my machine is quite powerfull, that's not the problem. my cpu is "Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz", running at 3.4Ghz.
    2. ok!
    3. im so blind, sorry for annoying.
    Last edited by mafiosnik; July 1st, 2008 at 18:05.

  4. #34
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiosnik View Post
    now a little suggestion... maybe there should be an option in the gui to allow users configure mupen64plus to run directly in fullscreen. i know there is a command line option "--fullscreen" for this purpose but many guys (just think of ubuntu and many of its new users using linux like windows) have no knowledge how to use a shell.
    That's a good suggestion. I'll add that option.
    "The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a false image."

  5. #35
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebenblues View Post
    That's a good suggestion. I'll add that option.
    Does this mean your going to continue working again?

    Make sure to drop by IRC.

  6. #36
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this means Eben is back. We can really use your help fixing up the input issues.

    As far as the slowdown, what is your GPU? Do you have compiz enabled? Yes, sorry if these seem like stupid questions.

    Can you goto the console and run top while mupen is running? If mupen / Xorg combined are using 90%+ of the CPU then it is a real slowdown. Even so, did you try adjusting the Glide plugin config options such as disabling Fog and trying the Zelda Corona fix?

  7. #37
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Tux

    Quote Originally Posted by Tillin9 View Post
    I hope this means Eben is back. We can really use your help fixing up the input issues.

    As far as the slowdown, what is your GPU? Do you have compiz enabled? Yes, sorry if these seem like stupid questions.

    Can you goto the console and run top while mupen is running? If mupen / Xorg combined are using 90%+ of the CPU then it is a real slowdown. Even so, did you try adjusting the Glide plugin config options such as disabling Fog and trying the Zelda Corona fix?
    1. i dont use such eye-candy stuff hence no compiz here. the options "Composite" and "RenderAccel" are enabled in my xorg.conf though.

    2. my GPU is "NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce 7950 GT/PCI", should be enough, i think. and yes, 90% and even 100% cpu usage (only muppen thoug!), xorg is just fine. btw. tried both zeldas also, cpu is at 20/30% average.

    3. yes, i did. the glide plugin doesn't provide an option like "disable fog" or similiar. and nope, the corona fix didn't help.

    i discovered a bug, i think. when loading a savestate (reproduceable, fullscreen only. window mode is ok.) mupen crashes sometimes. after crashing, the mouse doesnt react, even killing muppen didn't help. but i discovered how to get the mouse working againg without the need restarting x. just start a game and quit again. mouse should work then.

    btw. i looked at /dev/input/*mymouse* after the crash, the dev-node was still present

    notice: first i tried with banjo, didnt work. then with CBFD (caused the crash), that did it. please don't forget to go fullscreen again. otherwise this little trick has no effect.

    if u need help in debugging, i could do that with gdb.
    Last edited by mafiosnik; July 1st, 2008 at 22:15.

  8. #38
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First off in Glide's config in the Rendering frame is a Fog enabled box (which is usually greyed out), you must first disable custom ini settings in the Other frame at the bottom left. However, since you have a decent Nvidia card I seriously doubt this is the issue.

    Distro / video driver / SDL version / are you 64-bit / anything else? I tried to replicate the bug and wasn't able to on 32-bit Debian. The issue itself is the crashing when loading a savestate.

    Also, please try the latest svn. There was actually one change I can think of which might directly address crashing in fullscreen and numerous minor bugfixes which might.

    If you still get the crash, any info. gained from gdb. etc. would be very helpful. You might want to go on the #mupen64plus IRC channel on freenode later since a number of devs are usually on and can help.

    Btw, Eben has already added an always start in fullscreen GUI option to svn.

  9. #39
    Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, please post the .st0 savestate that's causing the crash. It will help us debug. It will be in ~/.mupen64plus/save/

  10. #40
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    N64

    hello.

    sorry for not answering for so long time ... had no free time so far. this weekend im gonna do this and check out the svn-source.

    cya

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •