What's new

problems post SP3

IrishGuy1087

hey guys, today i tried running bomberman and the new tetris on project 64, but they wouldnt load, the framerate would freeze and it wouldnt run, yet i played jet force gemini and it ran fine, before i installed service pack 3, these two games ran fine, and i didnt go through my library yet to figure out what others dont work, but to give u an idea, smash brothers and mario kart work fine as well. I also did redownload the non working roms, yet same problem.......anyone help?

OP
I

IrishGuy1087

yes you are correct about it being unrelated, i restored an image before sp3 and still the same prob, but i did download the latest rdb straight off of the site, but still the same problems, about a month ago it worked fine so im really confused

X-Fi6

Squall is right.

I'm guessing either it's some program that messed it somehow, or you must have accidentally changed a config setting in PJ64.

OP
I

IrishGuy1087

why do people flame when they have absolutly no idea what they are talking about, i built this comp from ground up, its the 12th computer i have worked on, i installed multiple project 64 versions, but it doesnt work, i dont know what went wrong but i used to be able to get bomberman 64 working, and now it doesnt, i have restored previous backup images, but it still doesnt work, i cant figure out the problem, so dont go blaming my computing when u have no clue on the diagnosis

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
why do people flame when they have absolutly no idea what they are talking about, i built this comp from ground up, its the 12th computer i have worked on, i installed multiple project 64 versions, but it doesnt work, i dont know what went wrong but i used to be able to get bomberman 64 working, and now it doesnt, i have restored previous backup images, but it still doesnt work, i cant figure out the problem, so dont go blaming my computing when u have no clue on the diagnosis

i not only updated this machine to SP3, i alsp repair installed it onto her for better performance, and guess what, ass of jacks, PJ64 STILL WORKS.

learn how to use a computer, then come back and claim SP3 has broen PJ64.

OP
I

IrishGuy1087

when u learn to read ill learn about computers, scroll up, i agreed sp3 wasnt the problem, and who says ass of jacks?

OP
I

IrishGuy1087

hate to bring such an old thread back especially when arguing with someone in it, yet since im in between semesters I found time to figure out why I couldnt get the games working, and it is honestly the weirdest reason why. Its my controller plugin, im using billiards input, which im very happy with, its the only plugin that allows me to play mario kart, I can drift and hold on to an item at the same time, via the triggers on my 360 controller. Every other plugin doesnt allow me to use them, but when i use a different plugin, bomberman and tetris work, when billiards is active, bomberman and tetris wont work, HELP!

!REVENGE!

I guess different plugins pertain to different controllers. A friend of mine who introduced me to PJ64 back in 2005 also had a similar problem with his controller, the D-pad and analog stick were tied together for some reason so playing SSB was a pain in the ass, but was remedied with a different plugin.

So for now, until you or someone figures out an alternative, just use whichever plugins work. Or try on a partition with SP2 installed if it used to work wit that.

OP
I

IrishGuy1087

well it has already been figured out that sp3 had nothing to do with it, but i do know billiards plugin for the 360 controller is the one that is restricting from playing certain games, I sat there today and tried to figure it out and still got nothing

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
well it has already been figured out that sp3 had nothing to do with it, but i do know billiards plugin for the 360 controller is the one that is restricting from playing certain games, I sat there today and tried to figure it out and still got nothing

I have a 360 controller and use Nrage v2.0 (I think). It works fine for your Mario Kart requirement ;)

Last edited: