What's new

SSBB, also known as BRAWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirey86

Myes, BRAWL...It\'s awesome.

But, let us start with some negatives.

Ever played as Bowser in Melee? A little slow, to be effective, huh? Sure, maybe you could screw around with him, maybe take a stock or two, but really he isn\'t top tier. Welcome to Brawl.

Where almost every character that was formally very fast, are now dragged down to normal speed or even slower. Now it\'s technically fair, because all characters were effected by this, but it\'s immediately noticeable, and may be hard to mentally discard the fact. You will want to use the gamecube controllers, because the Wii-remote + nun-chuck if you have it are difficult to play with, the virtual controller is also semi-difficult to play with, so leaving the GC controller at the top like Melee.

Moves? They have better graphics, of course, but what is incredibly annoying, is the power balance. Every character from melee that does not have a sword, excluding Falco (who is much more powerful overall), Bowser, and maybe one other, are weaker in this game. Every character that has a sword is stronger then from Melee, while their moves may be harder to hit with or shorter lasting, they\'re pretty much stronger on one level or another.

Stages? Too many to care (rumoured that the US version will have 40+ stages). Final Destination (or whatever that level is called) is a lot easier to get, which is great, but there are two little nooks on the bottom side of the stage that every character easily gets stuck in and it\'s game over from there.

Character list? Pretty cool, but most characters are not going to be good as you think they are (especially Sonic and Snake). Chances are you won\'t use like 75-90% of the list containing nearly 40 characters supposedly.

Ability to build levels I haven\'t used yet, because it\'s not my copy of the game.

Smash ball? Oi that little ***** is hard to get to, but it\'s awesome.

Final Smashes? They will rock your socks right off, and most of them are really final. Some are kinda easy to dodge though, oh well.

The game is going to be the game to end all games on the Wii, whether we like it or not ;D, and while there are very bold problems, we\'re going to have to live with it until the next Super Smash Bros. \\o/

Oh, and yes, I played a Japanese version of it, figgered I\'d mention that.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The game is going to be the game to end all games on the Wii, whether we like it or not ;D, and while there are very bold problems, we\'re going to have to live with it until the next Super Smash Bros. \\o/

Don't talk crap, it might be good, but there are far better games on wii.

MajinBuu21

I hated the realistic graphics. I hated the lack of Melee's great characters: Roy, Mewtwo etc. The stages didn't seem as fun. Target test was dull.

Brawl is a bit fun. In it's own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.