What's new

Dolphin online mode?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Probably not for a while. Plus, I'm not so sure about how it would work - It likely would only work with games that supported the LAN adapter unless they go another route, but the other route would be extremely difficult to implement and have downsides (I can't imagine it syncing!)

biolizard89

Check out Fuzziqer Software GCARS-CS. It allows you to play Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Ikaruga, and some other GameCube games online. All you need is a broadband adapter and a way to get homebrew software onto your GameCube. I've played SA2:B using it a couple years ago; it's very nice. I played someone with a ping of 110ms, and there was no noticeable lag.

Once Dolphin supports the Broadband Adapter, GCARS-CS would probably work fine on Dolphin as well (assuming the disc swap were implemented in Dolphin).

OP
M

M@d-F!ghter

i only have a wii, does the adapter work for wii too?? melee works on my wii with an original wiikey chip

biolizard89

i only have a wii, does the adapter work for wii too?? melee works on my wii with an original wiikey chip
Unfortunately, the GameCube Broadband Adapter is not supported by the Wii's GameCube emulation mode. So to use GCARS-CS, you will need a GameCube, not a Wii. Sorry.