What's new

ePSXe WIP news

[vEX]

niechift.com
Category: <b>Playstation</b><br><br>
It has been long time since the previous ePSXe status update. During this time the ePSXe development has been on hold and our lives have changed a lot, probably just like yours. In summer 2007 we decided to continue working in ePSXe encouraged by the users support even after 4 years without updates. ePSXe is currently in final testing and we hope to release a new version very soon. We wanted to thank you for your support and show you some screenshots from games that should work better in the next release.

Head over to the official site to view the image.

:: ePSXe Official Site

painkiller78

Nice to see they decided to continue the development of this awesome emulator... can't wait to see the next version... :)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Awesome news indeed! I´ve been hoping for something like this, i just got back into psx emulaton.

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
It is refreshing indeed to hear they've decided to make a comeback. I always have loved epsxe as the ideal PSX emulator even if it had glitches.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
ePSXe is available for Linux, don't even expect it for OSX, OSX is a pansy OS. Sorry, but its true.

[ot]
I am really surprised to hear you say that. Most people with a rep such as yours and post counts like yours usually show they have been around for a while and tend to keep an open mind and not simply say something so stupid.

I guess a rep plus post count actually means nothing anymore. :/ lol
[/ot]

Back on to ePSXe, good news indeed! :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, I remember reading somewhere that the developers really have no plans of making an OS port. Ever. Same thing with the plugins, as those would have to be ported as well. Don't quote me on that, though, as my memory is fuzzy.

Sure, if ePSXe ever releases its source code, then someone might actually do it, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for the original developers to do the porting. Also, Pete has never ported any of his GPU plugins to the OSX, either.

I

i4get

agreed LazerTag,

just like I very well know this isn't the epsxe forum.
I did beta test back in the days. (maybe my nick is still in the about box)

Agozer: PCSX does use P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU on OSX

ePSXe open-source, hmm now that'd be sweet :happy: