What's new

Here it is: Mupen64Plus v1.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkJezter

with Mupen64plus Xorg keeps loading 100% of the processor every 5~6 seconds all the time, no matter how many time I let the program running.

There are a few things I would want to suggest trying here.

1)As always if possible use the latest version available from SVN
2) Try running mupen64plus using the --nogui option and see if that makes any difference
3) When trying to tweak performance, make sure you're using the dynamic recompiler, and try turning off some of the features in the video plugin. Lately, the big push is for video settings that work for more games instead of on more computers, so you may need to change the video settings to get things running smoothly
4) And... which video plugin do you see the issue with? Do you know what happens if you try using the old plugin from mupen64 with mupen64plus?

An old AMD Sempron is likely going to have a hard time doing N64 emulation but you should be able to get it running at least as well if not better than previous versions of mupen64

Last edited:

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
I'm getting an error trying to build the SVN version with "make DBG=1 all" on Xubuntu 8.04 x86:
Code:
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c: In function ‘callback_debuggerEnableToggled’:
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:932: error: ‘g_DebuggerEnabled’ undeclared (first use in this function)
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:932: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c:932: error: for each function it appears in.)

And with just "make all":
Code:
r4300/r4300.o: In function `go':
r4300.c:(.text+0x42fa): undefined reference to `update_debugger'
r4300.c:(.text+0x4540): undefined reference to `update_debugger'
r4300.c:(.text+0x454f): undefined reference to `update_debugger'
r4300/r4300.o: In function `BEQL_OUT':
r4300.c:(.text+0x4609): undefined reference to `update_debugger'
r4300.c:(.text+0x46cf): undefined reference to `update_debugger'
r4300/r4300.o:r4300.c:(.text+0x47ae): more undefined references to `update_debugger' follow
Is there a binary release with the debugger?

[edit] Nevermind, make all worked after doing make clean (and installing SDL_ttf and yasm <_<). But no debugger... :(

[more edit] Been tinkering with getting the debugger to work. So far I've fixed the above error by adding a line to debugger/debugger.h:
Code:
int  g_DebuggerEnabled;    // wether the debugger is enabled or not

Then I got errors about lines 931 and 933 of main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.c (functions not defined, grep confirmed no other instance of them), so I took a chance and commented them:
Code:
            //callback_emulationStop( NULL, NULL );
            g_DebuggerEnabled = GTK_CHECK_MENU_ITEM(widget)->active;
            //callback_emulationStart( NULL, NULL );

Finally I had to correct a rule on line 242 of the makefile:
Code:
-mupen64plus_dbg: $(OBJECTS) main/main_gtk.o
+mupen64plus_dbg: $(OBJECTS) main/gui_gtk/main_gtk.o

That got it to compile, but all it did was add a "Debugger" menu with an "Enable" option that doesn't do anything, and print a crapload of messages to the console making it run at a snail's pace. It also takes ages to compile. I did make clean and built it again and nothing changed.

Last edited:

MIO0

HH: Did you:
1. check out the debugger branch? The trunk does not have a working debugger(I think).
2. enable the debugger option before starting the ROM?

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Nice username. :p
I doubt I did get the debugger branch because I have no idea how to use SVN and just copied the instructions on the page. I tried it both before and after loading the ROM. I was able to fix a few more things to get the menu option to do something:

main_gtk.c:1278 - wrong widget type, so the callback was not executing
Code:
#ifdef DBG
    debuggerMenu = gtk_menu_new();
    debuggerMenuItem = gtk_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic(tr("_Debugger"));
    gtk_menu_item_set_submenu( GTK_MENU_ITEM(debuggerMenuItem), debuggerMenu );
    debuggerEnableItem = gtk_check_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic(tr("_Enable"));
    gtk_menu_append( GTK_MENU(debuggerMenu), debuggerEnableItem );

gtk_signal_connect_object( GTK_OBJECT(debuggerEnableItem), "toggled", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(callback_debuggerEnableToggled), debuggerEnableItem );
#endif // DBG

main_gtk.c:932 - wrong function names, found the right ones:
Code:
            callback_stopEmulation(NULL, NULL); //callback_emulationStop( NULL, NULL );
            g_DebuggerEnabled = GTK_CHECK_MENU_ITEM(widget)->active;
            callback_startEmulation(NULL, NULL); //callback_emulationStart( NULL, NULL );
With that, the Enable option is checkable and displays the warning message as expected, but I still don't see any debugging options.

I'm checking out the r0286-debugger build now, hopefully that's the right one. :p

...unzip.c is taking forever to download... or not, svn just locked up. Let's see if this one builds.

Yep, it works, woo! Only one problem, during install: "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `doc/readme.pdf': No such file or directory". I just made an empty file there and it worked fine. Looks like it doesn't do a whole lot yet though, just PC breakpoints and register/ASM viewing? Maybe I need to learn to work GTK and hack some features in. ;)

Thanks for the tip BTW.

Last edited:

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yep, it works, woo! Only one problem, during install: "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `doc/readme.pdf': No such file or directory". I just made an empty file there and it worked fine.
That problem's been fixed in trunk, but the fix isn't in the branch.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
hi,i'm the translator of the original mupen to brazilian portuguese and here is my translation based on the spanish language file that you EbenBlues posted in the forum ;) it's in the address down here and i have a few things to report and suggest about the windows version of mupen64plus:

1 - mupen64plus needs to have an icon in its .exe file that could serve as its shortcut icon too

2 - it would be cool if it had an installer like pj64 based on nsis, with the installer the ability to add or not shortcuts in the desktop, quick bar launch and start menu :)

3 - the spanish file you posted contains several errors of translation, i hope someone post another file here to replace the other one :p

4 - i couldnt put my translation to see in mupen64, why are there 4 translation's files in mupen's locale folders? Just the .po file wouldnt be enough to add translation support?

5 - the gui of mupen is a bit weird, i saw mupen64 uses qt but its interface doesnt look like the interface of linguist from trolltech (look at the address below for reference) look at how the colors of the interface has a nice tone of color, in mupen64 is kinda that color mixed with white (maybe because mupen64 came from linux but i can be wrong) and the menus that come when you click for example in help menu on mupen64 are extremely short unlike we see in the qt linguist pic or in any other app.

the address is: felipefpl.4shared.com

That's all, thanks to all the devs for continue the work of Hacktarux (i hope he is well) and for all the new stuff/bugs fixed you added to it. ;)

NOTE FOR THOSE WHO KEEP THIS FORUM: WHY ATTACHMENTS DONT WORK? AND REPLY BUTTON DOESNT WORK FOR ME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.