What's new

input improvements

OP
E

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yes, the wiki is pretty straightforward. I have my lircd daemon running with the .lircrc file and I added entries for mupen64plus. As I said before, I know my remote, lircd, etc, is all working with mythtv. I also have irexec running as a daemon to run some scripts when the "power" button is pushed to stop/restart mythtv. My remote receiver is a USB dongle which interfaces with lircd through the network UDP client interface, so one point is that it is not a HID keyboard class input device. However, I've tested everything with 'irw' and see my remote buttons working.

Also, I've verified that the 1.3 version I rebuilt with LIRC=1 is installed and runs games fine. But none of the remote buttons do anything.
When you play a rom, do you see a message like this in the console output?

Launching LIRC...OK!

If you are seeing that line then that means mupen64plus is finding a lircrc file. If you do see that line and it says OK, then the only other thing I can think of is maybe you have more than one lircrc file and mupen64plus is looking at the wrong one?

Also, could you paste your .lircrc file?

I'm not sure about the glide issues...someone else will have to comment on that.

santa8claws

When you play a rom, do you see a message like this in the console output?

Launching LIRC...OK!

If you are seeing that line then that means mupen64plus is finding a lircrc file. If you do see that line and it says OK, then the only other thing I can think of is maybe you have more than one lircrc file and mupen64plus is looking at the wrong one?

Also, could you paste your .lircrc file?

I'm not sure about the glide issues...someone else will have to comment on that.

Well, I didn't see the "Launching LIRC" message, so I rebuilt again with "make LIRC=1" and made sure the right executable was running from my path, and it works! I must have missed something when I built it the first time. Thanks for your help!

OP
E

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Well, I didn't see the "Launching LIRC" message, so I rebuilt again with "make LIRC=1" and made sure the right executable was running from my path, and it works! I must have missed something when I built it the first time. Thanks for your help!
Awesome, glad it's working.

santa8claws

Custom input profiles?

I've been playing a few different games and it works great! One thing that I have found it convienent to remap the buttons to make certain games easier to play, so would it be possible to set configurations for different games? or perhaps to specify the input plugin configuration file on the command line?

That would make it so much easier to integrate with mythgame!:)
-- S8C

OP
E

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I've been playing a few different games and it works great! One thing that I have found it convienent to remap the buttons to make certain games easier to play, so would it be possible to set configurations for different games? or perhaps to specify the input plugin configuration file on the command line?

That would make it so much easier to integrate with mythgame!:)
-- S8C
Yep, input mapping profiles are one of the improvements I want to make to blight input. I kind of got side-tracked working on the cheat system with okaygo, but once that's done (should be soon), I'll get working on blight input again. Input mapping profiles probably won't make it into the next release, but maybe the release after that. I opened an issue for this in our issue tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/issues/detail?id=47

OP
E

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
More input enhancement requests from Kazuma on IRC:

1. deadzone config - right now blight input hardcodes deadzone value.
  2. turbo button option