What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

mudlord

Banned
Mud, the full screen issue in rice, you know, when it crashes when you try to exit full screen..Is there any chance to fix that? Or is it something i forgot to check in the configuration? It has been that way as long as i can remember..

Yeah EmuFan I am well aware of it. I tried to debug what happens, but PJ64 even kills the debugger when it crashes, making it super hard to test & fix. Although, I have a idea with this code, so you might not have to use 1.7, IF my plan works....

mudlord

Banned
Got rid of all useless cel shading code:

Code:
//These variables will get set automatically
texture tex1;
texture tex2;

float2 rcpres;

sampler s0 = sampler_state { texture = <tex1>; };

//Use these to modify the behaviour of the dll
int ToggleKey=107;

float2 PixelKernel[6] =
{
    { 1, 0.5},
    {0.5,  1},
    { 1, 0.5},
    { 0.5, -1},
    {-1,  0.5},
    { 0.5, -1}
};

float4 ColourPass( in float2 Tex : TEXCOORD0 ) : COLOR0
{
	float4 color = tex2D( s0, Tex );
	color.a = 1;
	return color;
}

float3 LuminanceConv = { -0.2125f, -0.7154f, -0.0721f };

float4 PostProcessPS(in float2 Tex : TEXCOORD0 ) : COLOR0
{
    float4 Orig = tex2D( s0, Tex );
    float4 Sum = 0;
    for( int i = 0; i < 6; i++ )
    Sum += ( abs( Orig - tex2D( s0, Tex + (PixelKernel[i]*rcpres) ) ) - 0.5f ) * 1.2 + 0.5f;
    return saturate( dot( LuminanceConv, Sum ) ) * 1.1;
}

Technique T0
{
    pass p0 { PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 ColourPass(); }
    pass p1
    {
        PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 PostProcessPS(); 
}
}

There's the optimized version.

NightK

I'd like to try it but for some reason I can't make it work, can someone explain to me how?

Like a tutorial for dummies :p
Because everyone is achieving it but me...

Ryuran

The Overseer
Nice work Mudlord !!! The original shaders didn't work for me, but the last files you've posted works great !!!

mudlord1351.jpg

mudlord2280.jpg

mudlord3814.jpg

mudlord4932.jpg

mudlord5591.jpg

mudlord6849.jpg

Project64 1.7
Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.3
MudShaderPack
Geforce 6150 onboard :(

HDR didn't work, probably because my onboard videocard.
This Bloom effect is from cgshader:
cgshader969.jpg

cgshader2634.jpg

Terranigma, just download MudShaderPack and extract d3d9.dll and fakehdr.fx (each effect is in a different folder, you can activate one at a time) to the same folder that Project64.exe is in.

Last edited:

Zane93

I'm having trouble, I know this prbably only works with 1.7 but if it works with 1.6 I need to know how, but if it doesnt does anyone have a bloom filter that works?

mudlord

Banned
EmuFan, if you are a beta tester of PJ64, I found a alternative solution to your issue.

Try build 46...Fullscreen reses work perfectly with my plugin with that. And shaders work fine too.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
EmuFan, if you are a beta tester of PJ64, I found a alternative solution to your issue.

Try build 46...Fullscreen reses work perfectly with my plugin with that. And shaders work fine too.
Well, i´ll be darn. Just checked it out. Exits fullscreen with NO PROBLEM. I am very relieved, that bug was a real pain, had to restart my computer every time. Thanks for notifying me, haven´t been at the site for ages.

OP
C

cdiddy7

oops, I uploaded the wrong file. got to many fakehdrs scattered all over my comp I'll fix the link in a min.

EDIT: ok fixed it. sorry bout that guys.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Nice to see shaders with more than 2 passes working :) Seems then my fixes worked. I'm also working with byuu to get these shaders implemented with BSNES....

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I'm sure with work , we can made a perfect Cel chaded mod^^ .I hope you can do that to finishing Cel Mod.

AntonJ3000

Swedish EmuTalk Dumbass.
I'm having trouble, I know this prbably only works with 1.7 but if it works with 1.6 I need to know how, but if it doesnt does anyone have a bloom filter that works?

I also use 1.6, Seems like it gives a Bloom-ish Effect with all kinda filters to Super Mario 64.