What's new

5.1 Stupid Question

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
OK, everyone knows that speakers 5.1 surround speakers positions are 3 frontal speakers: left, center, and right. And two rear speakers, left and right, of course. But where's the recommended location for the subwoofer speaker. I heard it is recommended to put it on the floor, and that is the place where I am currently have mine, but I always had the doubt. What do you guys do?

Flash

Technomage
I heard it is recommended to put it on the floor, and that is the place where I am currently have mine, but I always had the doubt. What do you guys do?
That's the right place for subwoofer, if you'll put it on the table or shelf, you'll get resonance - ugly sound etc.

Allnatural

Floor? Yes, preferably near a corner. You can vary the distance based on how much "boom" you want.

Jale

N00bis Hi-Res Texture Maker
I currently have 2.0 (I'm using an AMP), but since it's very old, it doesn't support surround sound. Of course, I've tried surround with two amps, but it's a waste of space and energy.

I tried a 5.1 speaker system from a friend and I found out the right place for the woofer is on the floor and centered.