What's new

Using eeprom Save States with Project 64 V.1.4

Curious

:!!!:

I was wondering if any one has had difficulty loading eeprom save states with Project 64 1.4. I mean save states which have not been generated by you on yor own PJ64. Save states which you get from a site or colleague.

I downloaded a few eeprom save states and couldn't get them to load. And yes I did place them in my save dir.

Any suggestions as to how to get these to work. Oh the F7 button didn't do the trick in case you're wondering.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

C.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You have gotta name them exacly after your game as well.
Like this: [Game-name].fla
Then you must load them from within the game.
This is native save.

If it's regular save states that are made by the emulator, just put it in your save states dir and open the load state dialog. There's an option in the menu where you can choose to load a state (quick state).

OP
C

Curious

Thanks Doomulation,

So an eeprom save-state is a native save-state and must be loaded within the game.

Does this mean I will have to load as if PJ64 is an N64 console? If so is it a case of hitting the start button?

When I put eeprom save-states in my save dir last time when I went load them they were not listed in the folder and I even the quick save didn't work. It may be that thi happened because I did not name them exacly after my game.

Please advise.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Curious--

An EEPROM image is not a savestate, it is an image of the memory that that game writes to on the real N64. So when you get an EEPROM image, just put it in your saves dir. Then to open it, just load a saved game like the real N64 would - within the game.

OP
C

Curious

Thanks TK64.

And thanks Doomulation & Mantis. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.

I suppose we can now closed this thread?

OP
C

Curious

Well it is a useful thread and TK64's definition is brilliant:

Tk64 said:
Curious--

An EEPROM image is not a savestate, it is an image of the memory that that game writes to on the real N64. So when you get an EEPROM image, just put it in your saves dir. Then to open it, just load a saved game like the real N64 would - within the game.