What's new

6 New Kega Fusion filters

mudlord

Banned
7 New Kega Fusion filters

I have written 6 new filter plugins for Kega Fusion, and also for my pet emulator project that I am working on.

The filters use Nitsuja's HqxxS comparison algorithm which is used in Snes9X. I, though, made some mods to allow for the algorithm to be used in HQ4X and LQ3X/LQ4X, and also, ported the algorithm to a RPI filter for Kega Fusion, VBA-M and VBASmooth (not sure if other emulators support Kega Fusion filters)

I'm hoping to make a SuperScale2 plugin based on code from ZsnesBox 3.0, too...

EDIT: New package for filter plugins below. Also wrote a EPX filter plugin, which is in the RAR on my NGEmu server.

Last edited:

Clements

Very nice. Nitsuja's filters are much better at smoothing sprites than the standard Hq filters.

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
Very nice. Nitsuja's filters are much better at smoothing sprites than the standard Hq filters.

I'm glad you find them useful. In testing, I found indeed that it helps with sprite filtering, and the end result looks more polished. Hence why I wanted to port the algorithm, plus it was a useful exercise to learn to write RPI filters, if there is need to make a Sega Genesis NTSC filter plugin.

smcd

I'd like to see blargg ntsc available in kega (is that what you meant?) i'll grab these in the mean time. thanks! :)

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
I'd like to see blargg ntsc available in kega (is that what you meant?)

Yes, thats exactly what I meant. I've started to write a SMS NTSC filter plugin, but the results are much less than spectacular (crashing on init)...

pcuser2008

PC Guru
I have written 6 new filter plugins for Kega Fusion, and also for my pet emulator project that I am working on.

The filters use Nitsuja's HqxxS comparison algorithm which is used in Snes9X. I, though, made some mods to allow for the algorithm to be used in HQ4X and LQ3X/LQ4X, and also, ported the algorithm to a RPI filter for Kega Fusion, VBA-M and VBASmooth (not sure if other emulators support Kega Fusion filters)

I'm hoping to make a SuperScale2 plugin based on code from ZsnesBox 3.0, too...

EDIT: New package for filter plugins below. Also wrote a EPX filter plugin, which is in the RAR on my NGEmu server.

I been using these plugings on vba-m but they dont work with the 64bit version of vba-m they need recompiling in 64bit code. hope you can address this issue
also is they any hope for higher filter pluging like 5x 6x 7x in vba-m 4x filters upscale to 960 x 640 5 x would upscale to 1200 x 800 which would be perfect for widescreens.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
latest VBA-M update for X64 should have filters and filter plugins working fine.

5 6 and 7x would be too big for your systems texture size.

but 3xSaI and 4xSaI are possible, it'll just take time.

pcuser2008

PC Guru
GBA
1x=240x160 --Gameboy Advance Screen Resolution--
2x=480x320 --"2xsai"
3x=720x480 --Standard Definition-- perfect for Widescreen SDTV
4x=960x640 --HQ4xs--
5x=1200x800
6x=1440x960
7x=1680x1120

GB/C
1x=160x144 --Gameboy/Color Screen Resolution--
2x=320x288 --"2xsai"
3x=480x432
4x=640x576 --HQ4xs--
5x=800x720
6x=960x864
7x=1120x1008
8x=1280x1152
9x=1440x1290
10x1600x1440

i am concentrating on gba filter upscalers as you see 4x filters are getting out dated with new highres monitors. but if you use 4x filter then you will loose quality scretching the image to fit you monitor

what would be better is a unified filter were it upscales to your monitor default resolution or custom.

Last edited:
OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
i am concentrating on gba filter upscalers as you see 4x filters are getting out dated with new highres monitors. but if you use 4x filter then you will loose quality scretching the image to fit you monitor

what would be better is a unified filter were it upscales to your monitor default resolution or custom.

Not going to happen. Kega Fusion RPI filter specs dictate that scaling factors can only go up to 4x, so no higher than that.