Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mupen 64bit

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mupen 64bit

This is a port of Mupen to 64-bit. It contains the port of glN64, RSP, Mupen64 Software Video, JttL's SDL Audio Plugin, Dummy Audio, Mupen64 Audio, Mupen64 Basic Input, And last but not least, the CPU and GUI. The glN64 port is VERY bad - It will get you through games like Kirby64 but it will quickly become corrupted on games like Mario 64 due to texture (cache?) bugs... Still plays, but with messed up textures. Sometimes you can use savestates to get around this.

--

Video - 80%, still buggy
    Audio - 100%, flawless as far as i can tell
    Input - 50%, blights plugin uses SDL_ttf, which will not build on my PC(improper truetype usage) so i could not do much to get it running
    RSP - 100%, I can't find very much that could go wrong here because I'm not sure what it does.
    CPU - 100%, Interpreter works excellently. DynaRec works exactly the same as it does already on Linux, Meaning not.
    GUI - 99%, One little hack still somewhere...

--

I'll be trying to port Rice Video, but please help if you can. I really need it, after doing all of this work I'm beginning to lose my patience.

--

TO BUILD:
    Edit Makefile with your favorite text editor... Enable the configuration you want by commenting the already in use configuration and uncommenting the one you want.

When your done, type make onto a terminal in the mupen directory.

OPTIMIZED BUILD IS NOT DEFAULT.
    64-BIT BUILD IS DEFAULT.
    Last edited by nmn; October 10th, 2007 at 04:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats man!

it's nice to see mupen64 running under x64
    My english is really poor... So Please hehehe help me to improve it ok!?
    --------------------------
    Sys specs: Debian testing (always testing), NVidia GeForceFX 5200, AtlhonXP 2.6 (1150), 1gb Ram, Asus A7v8x-x, Onboard sound device (via chipset).
    ---------------------------

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks... I'll just be trying to port Rice which HOPEFULLY doesn't share the same issues with the newer GCCs that glN64 did. (If you look you'll notice some similar standards voilations in the source of Rice Video) Maybe Microsoft is to blame for MSVC being lenient on code it shouldn't be, I don't know. GCC is also to blame though, for having crap inline assembly. I wonder if i should just use ICC for Rice... Or try ICC for everything, considering how fast its made my code in the past... As much as i love GCC, ICC is more practical for porting code from MSVC. Too bad it doesn't do any cross-compiling or else it would be my compiler of choice... Well, Sometimes. For many of my projects, GCC is either more practical, Or its better because it would work and its Open Source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please try to rely on gcc if you can
    It would be nice not only for portability but to the opensource community
    Cheers and good luck!
    My english is really poor... So Please hehehe help me to improve it ok!?
    --------------------------
    Sys specs: Debian testing (always testing), NVidia GeForceFX 5200, AtlhonXP 2.6 (1150), 1gb Ram, Asus A7v8x-x, Onboard sound device (via chipset).
    ---------------------------

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The dynarec has always worked on linux (x86 32 bits). I'm always testing with this core when developing and i'm sure many people are using it. So if it's not working on your system, i'd be very interested in your exact configuration: distro, glibc version, kernel version, kernel compilation options...

It is normal that it does not work on x64 architecture. The dynarec has to be rewritten for this target processor.

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Weird, Everyone setup I have can't run with DynaRec, it just crashes. I just figured its broken in Linux like Assembly in glN64 and i didn't bother trying to porting it over.

Heres my setups:

Mupen64 Binary or from source, any version of GCC behaves the same from source.
    Either a modified Gentoo (Sabayon) 64-bit distribution or OpenSuSE 10.0 32-bit distribution. My kernel is pretty messed up on 64-bit, but it seems to run OK. My other kernel is the stock OpenSuSE 10.0 32-bit kernel that came with it.

DynaRec seems to crash on all of the games I've tried: Super Mario 64, A whole crap load of Intros, Kirby 64, Some Puyo Puyo Game i have no idea why i have (probably accidentally picked it up when getting PDRoms from regular rompacks).

I'm gonna debug the issue sometime. I did once, but i failed to notice anything wrong.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, I'll help with the 64-bit port. I have a lot of experience in x86 and amd64 assembly language also, so maybe I can get the dyna-rec working natively in 64-bit mode. This is a cool project.

Should I start with the 6.1.0 Rice Video plugin source that was linked in another message, or is there something newer? Does your 64-bit port have any patches/fixes above mupen64 0.5?

Thanks.

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard42 View Post
    Hey, I'll help with the 64-bit port. I have a lot of experience in x86 and amd64 assembly language also, so maybe I can get the dyna-rec working natively in 64-bit mode. This is a cool project.
    Feel free to help, I'm only so good at assembly ATM... Just keep resubmitting changes and/or whole source packages (if you changed a lot) and I'll find a way to keep the fixes in sync. I'd do diffs, but that can get confusing without source control.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard42 View Post
    Should I start with the 6.1.0 Rice Video plugin source that was linked in another message, or is there something newer? Does your 64-bit port have any patches/fixes above mupen64 0.5?
    Well, There is Mudlords awesome unofficial version if your feeling heroic Theres alot of porting with it to do, but soon I'll submit a glade file for a configuration GUI, which should have equivalent naming.

https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/

Thats not ported to linux yet, though. I was trying to port it but i never came up with any good code because it makes extensive use of WGL code (Though i made an attempt to port that i hadn't finished yoet)

Anyways, yeah, anyone can submit code or full packs here and i'll adopt the code into any of my future versions if it works.

And BTW: Since this version works on both 32-bit and 64-bit, I think it would be OK if we tried to improve any of Mupens weak spots in the rare case that this code ever becomes official. I can tell you right now i wouldn't mind spending a few weeks writing some networking code ontop of Zoidcom or with a plugins system or something.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the link. I checked it out, and unfortunately Mudlord doesn't provide the source with the newer versions, so I guess I'll have to stick with 6.1.0.

I've attached a zip of some diffs off of the vanilla 0.5 source which provide screenshot capability in the glN64 driver - it requires libPNG, which means makefile changes. I didn't include a diff for the makefile because my makefile is set to build the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine. If you want that, I can upload that too.

Richard

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To get his source, use SVN. Its opensource.

edit: Almost forgot: https://svn.bountysource.com/ricevideo/trunk

You can use your svn utility with that.
    Last edited by nmn; October 14th, 2007 at 20:32.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast