What's new

Xbox360 controller with Mupen64

Richard42

Emulator Developer
This morning I found and fixed a number of bugs in the config dialog of the blight input plugin; one of them could have been causing your problem. You'll have to test to find out. I fixed the problem which was probably causing the segfault someone here reported, and I fixed an issue that occurred whenever the user would configure an N64 button with a joystick axis, and do 2 buttons in a row - the 2nd button configuration would flash up and automatically select the previous axis/direction for itself.

OP
S

Surkow

I have no idea which one caused my problem...but the problem is solved thanks to your patches. :D

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I have no idea which one caused my problem...but the problem is solved thanks to your patches. :D

That's great - I'm glad it's working for you now. One of my friends got a 360 recently and I played it for the first time last night. Geometry wars is awesome; it kind of reminds me of Mutant Storm. The controller is pretty good, it should map well to the N64 games.

OP
S

Surkow

At revision 337 the triggers again stopped working. Deleting blight_input.conf didn't make a difference.

Edit: Sigh, the same thing happens with version 1.2 of mupen64plus. This means this would be a problem totally unrelated to the emulator.

Last edited:

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
At revision 337 the triggers again stopped working. Deleting blight_input.conf didn't make a difference.

Edit: Sigh, the same thing happens with version 1.2 of mupen64plus. This means this would be a problem totally unrelated to the emulator.

That's weird because r337 doesn't even EFFECT the trunk. The latest revision to blight_input was r330, try to see if r328 doesn't revert the bug, if it doesn't then it's your system. Thanks.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
It's likely a driver problem. Can you upgrade your kernel? This may solve the problem. However, If you run an NVidia card upgrading to latest GIT can be tough because there are patches for both the NVidia drivers and the new kernel and it's just annoying to have to set that all up.

OP
S

Surkow

It's likely a driver problem. Can you upgrade your kernel? This may solve the problem. However, If you run an NVidia card upgrading to latest GIT can be tough because there are patches for both the NVidia drivers and the new kernel and it's just annoying to have to set that all up.

Yes I have an nVidia card. Instead of manually upgrading I'll probably just upgrade my distribution (I'm currently using Ubuntu).

Edit: Just rebooting solved the issue. It's probably a problem with the xpad driver I'm using.

Last edited: