Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GC Low FPS with Dolphin

Hey folks,

This is my first post here so I might as well say Hi along with my first question:

I got Dolphin all set up, all the plugins are in and for security all the settings are kept at default, except the controls of course.

Anyways though, when I load up my newly acquired Super Smash Bros Melee GCM, i get an FPS count from 0.1x all the way up to 5.x, what the hell is that all about? I play F.E.A.R. Multiplayer on my computer on 60FPS and then a gamecube emulator is telling me that it doesnt like to work, hell no.

So what can I do to improve the FPS count?

Thanks in advance,
    -Kevin

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Plugin coder / Betatester Falcon4ever's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Yes you can do a lot...

read the faq for for example...
    http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18442

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkelenz
    I play F.E.A.R. Multiplayer on my computer on 60FPS and then a gamecube emulator is telling me that it doesnt like to work, hell no.
    Name:  msgbox.PNG
Views: 12004
Size:  5.6 KB
    This is known as the IDonWannaWrk835 bug. Currently there are no workarounds, but you can learn more about it in the FAQ Falcon4ever linked that you're supposed to read before posting.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read the FAQ's beforehand and spent quite some time doing it, i just can't seem to figure it out, I'm not a ******* or a lazy fu** trying to make other people figure out my problem.

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you really read the FAQ, then you should have figured out already. Take a long, good look at the last question in the FAQ and let it sink in for a while.

Also, never compare PC games performance with emulation performance. They aren't the same thing, not by a long shot.
    Last edited by Agozer; July 9th, 2007 at 11:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkelenz
    I read the FAQ's beforehand and spent quite some time doing it, i just can't seem to figure it out, I'm not a ******* or a lazy fu** trying to make other people figure out my problem.
    What exactly did you spend quite some time doing? This is the relevant question in the FAQ:
    Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?
    A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.
    In simpler language, decent speed emulation is not going to happen with today's technology and emulators.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I ignored that one due to the fact that the GameCube hardware is by far outdated with Quad core CPU's and DX10 GPU's supporting shader model 4.0, so why would it be so slow, I am running a computer with an Intel Core 2 Extreme and dual 8800GTX's, I really dont' get it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the future your computer specs will be able to run a gamecube emulator at a nice speed, but at this time no one has devoted enough time into this hard to emulate console to get great results yet.

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In short, you're computer isn't fast enough to emulate the GameCube at full speed, no matter how high-end your computer might be. True, future versions of Dolphin could very well bring change when it's optimized for multi-core processors.

But until then, get yourself a Wii or a GameCube.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkelenz View Post
    Well I ignored that one due to the fact that the GameCube hardware is by far outdated with Quad core CPU's and DX10 GPU's supporting shader model 4.0, so why would it be so slow, I am running a computer with an Intel Core 2 Extreme and dual 8800GTX's, I really dont' get it.
    A simple answer to your question:
    When you play a PC game - you play a PC game on the CPU and the graphics on the GPU and the rest of the work on the rest of the hardware. When you play an emulator game, you play the game plus do all the hardware (that includes GPU; though not the rendering) work on the CPU ALONE (most of the time anyway). There are far more interesting explanations somewhere on the board, though I can't remember where.
    Of course, you can always ask for us to indulge you further as to why this phenomenon happens.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast