What's new

why do my games look like this?

thablewprnt

mvc2....
my.php

system specs
Windows XP Home Edition
Processor: Intel p4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c

I use other emu's like mame and psx and the games look great....
Help would be appreciated. :plain:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Looks like the case of Intel graphics. if I'm right, the OP can just forget about using Chankast.

OP
T

thablewprnt

Yeah I have tried null...It is really buggy, and games won't even start up...I'm sure it's partially my fault, but chankast seems to be better for noobs...
Yes I do have a Intel chip set, so I guess that's my problem...Thanks for the help guys.....

:down:

GCFreak

Why does Intel make graphics chipsets when they know they suck hard, NVIDIA makes good integrated graphics chipsets.

Agozer

Why does Intel make graphics chipsets when they know they suck hard, NVIDIA makes good integrated graphics chipsets.
Well, because they make truckloads of money by producing them. In reality, Intel's integrated solutions are quite optimal of office computers. I don't think even Intel has the audacity to claim that the chips are actually worth their weight in today's gaming.

Using these chips in laptops is pretty self-explanatory.

The biggest douches are the retailers who strike deals with Intel to get cheap hardware for pre-built retail computers packages. Using Intel's chips (or any other integrated graphics chip) in desktop computers that are marketed as gaming PC's is unforgivable. Families buy these computer packages because they are rarely computer-savvy enough to pick and buy every piece of hardware themselves or ask enough questions about the computer they are about to buy.

the master 123

Actually any intergrated card is never idea for game because they have problem reduce memory bankwigth and overall memory available; also the increase lantecy will reduce the performance more. example is my intel and nvidia graphic card not a fair comprassion. The different is signefect at higher setting in my games or as high as they will go. This isn't important in desktop however with the same hardware(cept graphic) and setting I could get about 2-3 difference between the intel graphic card and my nvidia 7400 go. most current intel graphic card don't support thing like t&l. My intel card doesn't support t&l and vector shaders.

Agozer

My intel card doesn't support t&l and vector shaders.
Which is probably the biggest bottleneck of the entire Intel line of cards. Word has it though that their next model will have these features + much more.

About damn time, I say.

GCFreak

I don't think Intel could get this new line of video cards out. For example, their cold reputation for budget video cards, and also they acquired NVIDIA, why can't they just use their video cards?