What's new

Access Violation

Frankup

accessviolationkm0.png

I keep getting this error! The game runs fine but the only problem is this stupid error popping up every 5 seconds. I had Project64 before on this same computer, so you can't say my drivers aren't updated. How do I fix this? I don't understand how I'd be able to run and play games before, but now all of a sudden I reinstall it and it doesn't work.

I know it can't be the roms, I've tried 3 different games so far and I keep getting this error.

Edit: looking in another thread I found out that my intel integrated graphics card might be the reason why it'd doing this, but I've ran p64 before, this isn't my first time having it.

Edit2: tried this direct64 plugin, didn't help. any other suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
F

Frankup

Yes. I'm wondering if maybe this has to do with the latest version of p64. It was a long time ago, it wasn't just a reinstall. I uninstalled it a good month or 2 ago, then just installed today.

Iconoclast

Ah, so, reinstallation...for a new version. Okay, then.

Try changing your graphics plugin to Jabo's Direct3D6 instead of D3D8. You can do this through the emulator settings option (options/settings). Let us know if that works.

OP
F

Frankup

It's already using it.

I have version 1.6, but there was another option for an older version (1.5.2) so I switched to that and everything seems to be fine now :D

Thanks for the help.

Iconoclast

Jabo's Direct3D plugin was first introduced I think as Direct3D7 1.4, requiring DirectX 7 or later. Project64 1.5 introduced Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2. Project64 1.6 uses Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.6. Notice a pattern between the plugin versions and the emulator versions.

You were using therefore D3D8 at first and now are using D3D6, just for reference if you come back.

ranguvar

Do the older version!

Use the earlier version of Jabo (1.5.2) I had this same issue with Kirby, and once I switched to the older version it worked perfectly.