Category: SNESThis is a maintainence release. I am mostly releasing this for the sake of the recently released Der Langrisser translation.
• Windows port can once again map joypads through the Input Configuration panel
• Using enter or spacebar to assign a key should no longer instantly map those keys
• F11 now toggles fullscreen mode
• Esc now toggles menu on and off (use F11+Esc combined to hide UI completely)
• Fixed a bug in King of Dragons (J, U, E), KOFF was not cleared during S-DSP power(), thanks to FitzRoy for the report, and blargg for assistance fixing the bug
• Fixed serious crashing error with File->Load on Linux/amd64 port
• Hopefully fixed min/max undefined error on GCC 4.2.0, but I am unable to test to verify
• Fixed many cast const char* to char* warnings for GCC 4.2.0, but some probably remain, as again, I am unable to test as I lack GCC 4.2.0
• Set XV_AUTO_COLORKEY to 1 for Video/Xv renderer. Should fix some video drivers where there was no output, especially after running mplayer, etc. Thanks to sinimas for the fix
• Added clear_video() to Video/Xv renderer. Green edges at the bottom and right sides of the video output are now gone, and unloading a ROM will clear video
I have finally figured out how to poll the keyboard status in real-time through Xorg: the XQueryKeymap function. I will be rewriting the Linux key capture system to use this, instead of capturing window key up / down messages through GTK+. This will finally allow me to completely abstract the UI from the hardware video, audio and input interfaces: a necessary step toward Linux joypad support.
:: bsnes Official Site
:: bsnes 0.21 (experimental)