What's new

Problem with SF3 Third Strike

WarriorA14

I have downloaded the cdi file and I have a disc also. I used the daemon tools, and when i try to run it... I hear the sound and everything fine, I can also play it but the graphics are all triangles. You can't see nothing, it has colors but you cant see the background or the characters well, its all triangles and stuff. I tryed it with Chankast 0.25 and with NullDC.

Here is a screen shot of the Character Selection screen, the guy selected looks like Alex:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/PaintPhoto/SF3Screen2.jpg

Here is another screenshot of the main menu:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/PaintPhoto/SF3Screen1.jpg

Any Help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'll take "Your have a nearly worthless integrated Intel graphics chip" for $2000. If this turns out to be true, you can stop trying. Get a decent graphics card and try again.

OP
W

WarriorA14

Well, I have a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) graphics card. Tell me if it is bad... But if it is bad is there any other way to upgrade it to make it better instead of buying a new graphics card?

Agozer

No you have an Intel Pentium 4 processor. It's says nothing about your graphics hardware.

However, the problems you are having are very common for people who have integrated graphics chips instead of actual graphics cards (especially chips made by Intel). If this is not the case for you, then your graphics cards drivers are shot to hell and you need to update them.

If you have no clue about he hardware you have, you can check by click Start --> Run, typing dxdiag and pressing Enter. Then check the System and Display tabs in the program that starts.

OP
W

WarriorA14

Ok, I really want to upgrade it. Can you please tell me how?

Oh, and I have 502MB RAM
and Direct X 9.0c if that helps in any way...
EDIT: I have checked and I saw that it says Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset.

Last edited:

Agozer

Upgrading possibilities depend on whether you have a laptop or a desktop computer. If you have a laptop, you really can't upgrade. Other than ditching that laptop completely and using a desktop computer.

If you have a desktop computer, make sure that the motherboard has a free AGP slot or a PCIe slot. Then go buy yourself decent graphics card (ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce; the don't even have to be top-of-the line). However, if you plan on sticking with Chankast, which I don't recommend, get an ATI card instead. Geforce cards are known to have problems with that emulator.
Use nullDc instead.

You probably have to disable the Intel graphics chip from the BIOS before you can use the other graphics card though.