What's new

Problem w/ PJ64k Memory Error

Bix_of_Flix12

I've searched these forums and apparently someone had the same problem I'm having right now, but the thread was deleted/doesn't exist anymore, I get a 404 error when I try to access it.

My problem is when I try to open the PJ64k program, it says "Not enough memory for jump table" and then "failed to allocate memory." I've never had this problem before, nor (as far as I'm aware) have I made any changes to my memory settings in the past few weeks. The regular PJ64 without Kalleira works fine.

General Info:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Optiplex GX240
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 1.70 GHz
1024MB RAM
Directx9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

If you need anything else specific about my comp info, feel free to ask. :bouncy:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Not sure if this was supposed to be here, since it's about PJ64k, not PJ64...

Anyway, just a wild guess, check if other programs are using too much memory. I have a friend who had this problem and he solved it by getting rid of some autostart programs, but I think he had much less memory than you...

OP
B

Bix_of_Flix12

Thanks Iconoclast, but the community of people I play with are smashers, and they all use PJ64k. I could hypothetically use the same rom as them, but a different emulator usually means a desync within 20ish seconds :)

Tried the memory thing, wasted a few useless programs but it didn't help any. :-/

Iconoclast

Thanks Iconoclast, but the community of people I play with are smashers, and they all use PJ64k. I could hypothetically use the same rom as them, but a different emulator usually means a desync within 20ish seconds :)

Tried the memory thing, wasted a few useless programs but it didn't help any. :-/
If you do not use the exact same ROM version and the exact same emulator, NetPlay emulation will not occur.

This is the only solution I know of, I'm afraid. Project64k just plain sucks, so maybe your friends might agree after trying 1964 performance, maybe not.

Make sure in 1964 you press Ctrl+P to change the graphics plugin to something decent, or graphics emulation will likely be...not good.

OP
B

Bix_of_Flix12

Well the problem apparently fixed itself, not exactly sure how, but I ran a full-computer virus scan and after it finished it seemed to work. Maybe it was a virus? We'll never know.

Thanks anyway.

I think the main reason most smashers don't use 1964 is because its controller plugins aren't built for smashers, who often insist on perfect FPS, deadzone, analog-wheel sensitivity, etc. Or it could simply be that PJ64k has more advertising :) ... I did see someone use a Mugen the other day though.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
You can change the plugins on 1964 for netplay, PJ64k you can't (only by renaming the video and audio plugins you want to use). I think they use PJ64k because it has Project64 on the name, because 1964 can run Smash at full speed, with great graphics and sound, and you can change the input plugin with another with more options.