What's new

2 Probs With LOZ:Majora's Mask

Werleman

Hello,

i have encountered two problems with Majora's Mask

1. Whenever i slow down the time and am in a temple or town and it changes from day to night or vice verca it slows down drasticaly

2. when i put on the lens of truth it slows down also

specs: intel 82865G graphics controller
intel P 4 3.00ghz
512 mb ram

Video Plugin: Jabo's Direct 3D 6 1 5.2

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this is due to the intel's slow framebuffer performance,.. this is caused by the fact it uses slower system ram instead of dedicated GDDR

OP
W

Werleman

aren't there any updates or plug ins i can use ? it's strange cause the lens of truth didn't do this on LOZ:OoT

Iconoclast

Eh...not for that graphics card I don't think so.

Update your graphics card, then you'll have a lot of plugin upgrades available for your system.

smcd

those recommended cards are quite overkill for n64 emulation not to mention fairly expensive (at least the 8800 one is)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
overkill... no.. they are perfect for N64 emulation... the 8800's are the only cards out atm that provides full performance frame buffer emulation when copy to rdram is enabled...

mudlord

Banned
the 8800's are the only cards out atm that provides full performance frame buffer emulation when copy to rdram is enabled...

But personally, that is still overkill. It is possible to do hardware framebuffer emulation that renders effects in cases that "copy to RDRAM" does the same thing. Jabo proved that it can be done (case in point, MK64 monitor), so its just the plugins that need to improve, not the hardware methinks....