What's new

PJ64 on Wii/gamecube

Diocide

This has probably been mentioned before but i searched and didn't find a post about it. Whats the likely hood of PJ64 being ported to Wii/Gamecube? I know you can use the Zelda Masterquest emulator , but that only works with like 8 games...

Also, anyone know if any other n64 emulators might get ported to?

toe_head2001

Virtual Console won't run dumped roms. It will only run ones that are digital signed by Nintendo (Ones that are bought through their service).

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
Then just buy the game. Cmon man it's like $20 for a 2000 point card and each N64 game is 1000 points so do the math. It's also perfect emulation on the VC so why not just buy the games?

Samurai Snack

PJ64 Cheat Master
Who actually NEEDS rumble for Zelda? The most you get out of hidden grottos are rupees that are easily obtainable by selling fish to the begging man in Market/Kakariko.

It's perfect enough :p

OP
D

Diocide

There´s always virtual console.

Virtual Console sucks, theres only like 4 n64 games on it right now anyways and yah they are like $10 each.

Theres no open source n64 emulator that supports a decent amount of n64 games?

Theres already ports for wii into gamecube mode for every snes/genesis/ and nes game. the snes port alone blows virtual console away. but having a n64 port would just rule, but yah its probably a slim chance to none that will happen.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
As far as emulation on Next genreation consoles, ITS NOT HAPPENING for 6 years from now. These consoles are new, no documentation is available for them at the moment, and there isn't even Homebrew development on the Wii, XBOX360 or PS3 yet.

Should you expect PJ64 on the Wii soon? Hell no, also I see some ignorance on a few people here.

Virtual Console won't run dumped roms. It will only run ones that are digital signed by Nintendo (Ones that are bought through their service).

I am pretty sure Nintendo will crack down on previous games they are selling as a service on their brand new console being hacked, hi-jacked, and emulated for free. Why? Because it is lost revenue, emulation isn't about just playing games. Although that is what emulation has evolved to.

Bottom line, don't ask for emulators on next generation consoles for a few years. Not only for the complexhardware and software these consoles are drivin by, but its just too early in its life to just happen in 1 week.

Last edited:
OP
D

Diocide

As far as emulation on Next genreation consoles, ITS NOT HAPPENING for 6 years from now. These consoles are new, no documentation is available for them at the moment, and there isn't even Homebrew development on the Wii, XBOX360 or PS3 yet.

Should you expect PJ64 on the Wii soon? Hell no, also I see some ignorance on a few people here.

I am pretty sure Nintendo will crack down on previous games they are selling as a service on their brand new console being hacked, hi-jacked, and emulated for free. Why? Because it is lost revenue, emulation isn't about just playing games. Although that is what emulation has evolved to.

Bottom line, don't ask for emulators on next generation consoles for a few years. Not only for the complexhardware and software these consoles are drivin by, but its just too early in its life to just happen in 1 week.

Well i was mainly talking about a n64 emulator port for gamecube, which works on the Wii in gamecube mode. And as for Wii homebrew i dont think it will be that long, it seems like alot of people are tryin to figure the wii out right now.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Perhaps somebody will hack VC to run roms. It seems more likely than a port of PJ64. PJ64 is an emulator that is made for x86 computers. People need to understand porting is often harder than just writing a new emulator, which in turn is very difficult when you don't have a proper development kit.