Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Everyone gets what he deserves punisher001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Masken, Masken Where Are You?

Could you please let us know any news about WhineCube? Come on, its been a long time.... Thx, and have a nice day..
    Don't judge in order not to be judged...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe this emulator was discontinued

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    I believe this emulator was discontinued
    No it isnt AFAIK

Punisher you should try to contact him on IRC
    vampireuk pwned you in irc

clever words by groepaz:
    "i wonder how small your **** has to be that you have to put your system specs into your sig :=P "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey masken... join the challange between Dolphin and Gekko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last I talked to him (quite a bit ago) he was writing an assmebler core (I think it was just the core) So, from the looks of it, I think it will be pretty good when it comes out. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was dual core support...

WhineCube author
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's how it is:

After R7 I hit a wall with compatibility; couldn't figure out what to do in order to make more stuff run properly. So I started working on low-level stuff.

First I made a CPU core testing program, which ran both on real hardware and the emulator, to help find bugs. It was succesful, but didn't seem to increase compatibility.

Next I resumed work on the DSP, intending to make a similar low-level testing program for that too. However, it quickly became obvious that the amount of data that would need to be transferred between hardware and emulator required a direct connection.

Thus I started fixing up the BBA emulation. I am using a virtual network adapter from the OpenVPN project. Right now, it's working well, except when the emulator is recieving data too fast; then it will randomly freeze.

Testing continues as Real Life(tm) permits; my job takes most of my time.

When the BBA emulation is complete, I intend to make a new release. Because all OpenVPN code is licenced under the GNU GPL, WhineCube R8 will also be open source.

I'm not very interested in the Gekko-Dolphin battle; I have begun to see WhineCube as more of a testing platform for advanced emulation technologies rather than an end-user application that would be able to compete.

I still have great respect for both emulators. I'll probably be using one of them when they become playable.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnen mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Everyone gets what he deserves punisher001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for answering Masken... Continue your great work...! In addition, it's nice to know that WhineCube is going to be open source software. I assume that other programmers will be interested in helping you! Cheers...
    Don't judge in order not to be judged...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher001 View Post
    Thanks for answering Masken... Continue your great work...! In addition, it's nice to know that WhineCube is going to be open source software. I assume that other programmers will be interested in helping you! Cheers...
    Its not like they couldn't help now
    vampireuk pwned you in irc

clever words by groepaz:
    "i wonder how small your **** has to be that you have to put your system specs into your sig :=P "

Avid gamer & multimedia fan niuus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Masken View Post
    Here's how it is:

After R7 I hit a wall with compatibility; couldn't figure out what to do in order to make more stuff run properly. So I started working on low-level stuff.

First I made a CPU core testing program, which ran both on real hardware and the emulator, to help find bugs. It was succesful, but didn't seem to increase compatibility.

Next I resumed work on the DSP, intending to make a similar low-level testing program for that too. However, it quickly became obvious that the amount of data that would need to be transferred between hardware and emulator required a direct connection.

Thus I started fixing up the BBA emulation. I am using a virtual network adapter from the OpenVPN project. Right now, it's working well, except when the emulator is recieving data too fast; then it will randomly freeze.

Testing continues as Real Life(tm) permits; my job takes most of my time.

When the BBA emulation is complete, I intend to make a new release. Because all OpenVPN code is licenced under the GNU GPL, WhineCube R8 will also be open source.
    Great news from the dev himself.
    I'm looking forward for this release.
    "Piensa y acta, comienza por ti"
    "Think and act, begin with yourself"

Main Rig:
    Motherboard: abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD / CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.80GHz (Thermaltake Big Typhoon fan)/ RAM: Corsair Xtreme XMS2 6GB DDR2@800 / Video: Radeon HD 2600XT (Catalyst 9.7) / Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi ElitePro / Speakers: Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 / HD: Hitachi 500GB SATAII / OS: Windows XP SP2+ 64bit

Dreamcast-Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that's great news! I can't wait for a new release!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast