I did some testing with this sucker...
Suffice to say, it works exceedingly well....I didn't test other games though, yet...
Simply incredible. Outstanding work, Ziggy.
I used the lle rsp and video plugin and rogue squadron shows some stuff, battle for naboo shows the initial screen (about the expansion pack) and then dies. Also, switching between games tends to crash the emulator. Nice
Dark Rift, LLE, full speed?
Holy ****. Sad part is, I must miss out on it all. Don't have the required OpenGL support for those who didn't know.
Thanks for the feedbacks. I'll make a new release soon, my problem is that under Windows I do not have network connection at the moment so I'm doing a lot of switch back and forth between linux and windows which is pretty annoying.
About OpenGL requirement, version 1.5 should be enough. The necessary extensions are GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_fragment_shader (so basically GLSL), GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object.
I'm going to make a debug release that dump some error messages in a file, that might help debugging for ATI card. I'm not surprised there are problems with ATI, GLSL on ATI tends to be much more tricky.
Nice screenshots Mudlord. I notice there are black borders in textures in your screenshot, the problem should be fixed already in next release, it's a problem with the texture clamping mode I was using (and for strange reasons, it doesn't behave the same under linux and windows)
EDIT : ok I made a new release called R2 in the original post .
Last edited by ziggy; April 30th, 2007 at 06:14.
can't get it to work in vista
I love to help people in need RULES!!!!
Glad you thought so. I'm more than happy to test out the R2 release and post screens with that too . I must say, with your plugin and modified RSP plugin, LLE runs a fair bit faster than Jabo's video/RSP set (which seems to be the method you're doing LLE with too.)Nice screenshots Mudlord. I notice there are black borders in textures in your screenshot, the problem should be fixed already in next release, it's a problem with the texture clamping mode I was using (and for strange reasons, it doesn't behave the same under linux and windows)
BTW, in case for the people who don't know, I'm running on a 3GHz P4 with a GeForce 6600 GT, so that might give a ballpark of what specs are needed (of course, the greater the specs, the faster things will be).
Last edited by mudlord; April 30th, 2007 at 07:21.