What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

OP
Z

ziggy

Yeah , I'm going to sleep as well. Thanks for the help, that was a stupid bug of mine (some debugging code left in the rsp plugin). :)

EDIT : R14 is out on the main page. A screenshot of Mischief Makers showing one of the combiner now working right.

Question : with 1964 0.9.9 and your video plugin, can we choose some options (like rice) or not ?
Yes, just edit with a text editor the file z64gl.conf.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Just a small suggestion for this:

Why not use a check for the extension dealing with NPOT textures? That way, if a card supports the textures, it will enable it, otherwise framebuffers and other textures will use power of two dimensions.

OP
Z

ziggy

I cannot do that, because some cards (i.e. ATI) do not advertise the feature but actually do support it (only partially, but enough for what I'm doing with it). Otherwise, I would have done that of course :)

It's a complicated problem, ATI do support it, but only with certain clamping modes, with other clamping modes it gets slow as hell (that was the problem that took me so much time to sort out in the beginning)

mudlord

Banned
I cannot do that, because some cards (i.e. ATI) do not advertise the feature but actually do support it (only partially, but enough for what I'm doing with it). Otherwise, I would have done that of course :)

It's a complicated problem, ATI do support it, but only with certain clamping modes, with other clamping modes it gets slow as hell (that was the problem that took me so much time to sort out in the beginning)

Oh alright, it just strikes me as odd at first that this method of detection wasn't implemented earlier...But it makes sense of ATI not exposing the extension when thier cards seem to have the NPOT implementation incomplete, from what your saying. :)

The Siskoo

Yes, just edit with a text editor the file z64gl.conf.
Ok, thanks.

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : z64gl r14, project64 rsp r4

007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!] --> Don't boot with R14. The game works with R12.
1080 Snowboarding (E) (M4) and (U)[!] --> slight screen shaking on the logo (no problem with (U) version). FPS are good with PJ64 rsp. Some lit' gfx problem with thin lines (Pic 1).
All Star Tennis '99 (U) [!] --> FPS are good with project64 rsp r4.
Bio Hazard 2 (J) [!] --> gfx are messed. After 2 messed screens, 1964 freeze. (Pic 2)
Ganbare Goemon - Mononoke Sugoroku (J) [!] --> pink color around the text !!! (Pic 3)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!] --> no more screen menu.
Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> 30 FPS, glitches in game, thin line on the menu screen. (Pic 4)
Nushi Tsuri 64 - Shiokaze Ni Notte (J) --> screen shaking when you cvhat or when you walk out.
Nushi Zuri 64 (J) [!] --> screen shaking.
Supercross 2000 (E)(U) [!] --> no ground (black ground), no public, low FPS, sound hangs and crackle. (Pic 5)
Tamagotchi World 64 (J) [!] --> thin line. (Pic 6)

Emulator : Project 64 1.6
Plugin : z64gl r12, porject 64 rsp r4

Try this :
- Launch the game what you want.
- End emulation (File --> End emulation)
- Launch another game. Project64 close auto.
more test to come on this post.

Note : it seems there are speed problem with z64gl rsp rXX

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Ok, thanks.

Plugins : z64gl r14, project64 rsp r4

007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!] --> Don't boot with R14. The game works with R12.
That's weird. I tried with mupen and it works fine, can you test with mupen ? Can you test the debug R13 version and see if there are log files generated ?

1080 Snowboarding (E) (M4) and (U)[!] --> slight screen shaking on the logo (no problem with (U) version). FPS are good with PJ64 rsp. Some lit' gfx problem with thin lines (Pic 1).
Ok, this kind of problem, you shouldn't report it because there are too many of them. The only case where you should report it is when it is a regression (i.e. it became worst than in an earlier version)

Bio Hazard 2 (J) [!] --> gfx are messed. After 2 messed screens, 1964 freeze. (Pic 2)
Bio Hazard is broken at the moment and it will remain broken for some time, there's a lot of work to do for that game.

Ganbare Goemon - Mononoke Sugoroku (J) [!] --> pink color around the text !!! (Pic 3)
See comment about 1080 snowboarding.

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!] --> no more screen menu.
Difficult for me to look into this problem since I've never been able to run India Jones :/

Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> 30 FPS, glitches in game, thin line on the menu screen. (Pic 4)
I have a solution for this kind of problem, it will be in next release.

Nushi Tsuri 64 - Shiokaze Ni Notte (J) --> screen shaking when you cvhat or when you walk out.
Again a game that never worked for me. :/

Nushi Zuri 64 (J) [!] --> screen shaking.
Supercross 2000 (E)(U) [!] --> no ground (black ground), no public, low FPS, sound hangs and crackle. (Pic 5)
Tamagotchi World 64 (J) [!] --> thin line. (Pic 6)
I never tested these game, I'll have a look.

Emulator : Project 64 1.6
Plugin : z64gl r12, porject 64 rsp r4

Try this :
- Launch the game what you want.
- End emulation (File --> End emulation)
- Launch another game. Project64 close auto.
Can you try to set "threaded = 0" in z64gl.conf file and see if it still happens ? EDIT : oops didn't see, it's pj64 1.6, in this case MAKE SURE you use "threaded = 1". Does it also happen with z64-rsp plugin ?

Note : it seems there are speed problem with z64gl rsp rXX

What do you mean by this ? Which version ? All versions ? In this case it's normal, z64-rsp plugin is much much slower than the modified pj64 rsp plugin. It's more compatible, but it's not a (real) recompiler and doesn't use SSE code, so it's expected to be slow.

Last edited:

The Siskoo

That's weird. I tried with mupen and it works fine, can you test with mupen ? Can you test the debug R13 version and see if there are log files generated ?
Now works, I guess the problem was with the z64gl rsp r13.
About report, I try to describe all what I got :p.
I made an unofficial 1964 ini : http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40880 with lot improvements (settings, rename, etc...).

To get Indiana "works" (not playable) :
With 1964 0.9.9 change 2 settings :
- Right click on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!]
- EEPROM Size : 4 kb EEPROM (defaut)
- Counter Factor : CF 5
- Core interpreter

Test with z64gl r14 + z64gl rsp r14 --> no music (Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5)
Test with z64gl r14 + project64 rsp r4 --> choose interpreter in RSP, music, more slow than z64gl rsp r14, lock after the third picture.

Can you try to set "threaded = 0" in z64gl.conf file and see if it still happens ? EDIT : oops didn't see, it's pj64 1.6, in this case MAKE SURE you use "threaded = 1". Does it also happen with z64-rsp plugin ?
Yup same stuff.

Last edited:

jean945

I have a question (sorry for my ignorance on tis but Im kind of new): What the hell means "core emulator plugins directory"? Thanks!! :pj64:

Xing

I use Project 64 1.6 and Mario Tennis but i don't know how use plugins
i download rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4-win32, z64-r14-win32 and glew32
glew32.dll is in the root of project 64, z64gl.dll is in Plugin and I have change other files --> RSP. how definitely to install with project 64?

My configuration : Processor 1.3 Ghz, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6200(256MB), Realtek AC97 Audio.

thank you for helping me well.

The Siskoo

I use Project 64 1.6 and Mario Tennis but i don't know how use plugins
i download rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4-win32, z64-r14-win32 and glew32
glew32.dll is in the root of project 64, z64gl.dll is in Plugin and I have change other files --> RSP. how definitely to install with project 64?

My configuration : Processor 1.3 Ghz, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6200(256MB), Realtek AC97 Audio.

thank you for helping me well.
Launch Project64 --> Options --> Settings. Choose z64gl in Video (graphics) plugin.

OP
Z

ziggy

Ok, I fixed the texture issue for Supercross 2000. They use tile #7 in the triangles, which apparently is forbiden and should be translated to tile #0 by the rdp. I didn't find any other plugin that handle that game, is there any ?

Xing

When i rename z64-rsp.dll to RSP.dll in Plugin, i have got a black screen with mario tennis and when i rename RSPcomp-pj64.dll to RSP.dll in Plugin, i have got a black screen and I hear the sound which jumps

The Siskoo

Ok, I fixed the texture issue for Supercross 2000. They use tile #7 in the triangles, which apparently is forbiden and should be translated to tile #0 by the rdp. I didn't find any other plugin that handle that game, is there any ?

Very nice :)
Here 2 test with Rice (pic 1) and Direct64 (pic 2)

OP
Z

ziggy

When i rename z64-rsp.dll to RSP.dll in Plugin, i have got a black screen with mario tennis and when i rename RSPcomp-pj64.dll to RSP.dll in Plugin, i have got a black screen and I hear the sound which jumps

In the settings of the emulator, you have to select z64gl as graphics plugin, did you do that ?

The Siskoo

Plugin : z64gl r14, project64 rsp r4
Star Wars - Shuggeki Rogue Chitai (J) [!] --> Display summit :) (pic 1 and pic 2)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
sasTerra wrote:
Hi,
I tested several other games. Similar problems like the ones posted above. And again the problems are limited to PJ64 1.7.

Is Zilmar aware of that (he posted that the plugin works fine with the internal RSP of PJ64 1.7, which seems not to be the case)?
Regards
any game that doesn't work with LLE with jabo's plugin, won't work with lle with ziggy's plugin.

so far, for me the following games failed, due to Core exception error when set to lle (works in HLE) in both Ziggy and Jabo's plugins

Banjo Tooie
CastleVania - Legacy of Darkness
CastleVania
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Destruction Derby64 (multiple exceptions)
Duke Nukem Zero Hour (multiple Exceptions)
Excite Bike64
Gauntlet Legends (Encounters multiple exceptions)
Gex3 - Undercover gecko
Hercules - the hero journey
Kirby64
Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (& MQ)
Mario Party 3
Megaman64
Neon Genesis : Evangelion
Nightmare Creatures
PokeSnap
PokeStad
PokeStad 2
Starwars - Racer
Super Smash Brothers
Superman - (black screen only)
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal

the following booted the rom but crashed for other reasons in lle

Battle for naboo (crashes to opcode error after N-Logo)
BodyHarvest - (Loads to menu fine, but when attempting to start game or load savestate crashes to unhandled opcode error.)
Donkey Kong64 (OOKAY sound heard at startup, then crash to exception error)
Glover (crashes to opcode error at startscreen for some reason)
Power Rangers, light speed rescue (missing border at startup and crashes to exception error when starting mission/load savestate)
Snowboard kids 2 (rom booted, crashed to exception error right before menu screen)

the following booted, with no exceptions but displayed no graphics or had graphical errors in Jabo's and Ziggy's with LLE

Superman - (black screen only, no audio)
F-Zero X (black screen, has audio)

so far the following worked

BlastCorps
Diddy Kong Racing
Dr Mario64
EarthWorm Jim
Gex 64
GoldenEye (texture issues)
Harvest Moon 64
Jet Force Gemini
Mario Kart 64
PerfectDark
Pilot Wings
ShadowGate64
SnowBoard Kids
StarFox64
Starwars Rogue Squadron
Super Mario64
Xena
Yoshi's Story

also, Ziggy, the plugin isn't closing properly when emulation is ended in PJ64 1.7, it causes the emulator to crash when you attempt to launch another rom.

Trotterwatch

Snowboard Kids 2
Battle for naboo (crashes to opcode error after N-Logo)

Set RSP CPU Method to Interpreter (in debugging menu). It can get in game, though the easiest way is to save state with Jabos then load state.

Pokemon Snap works well in 1.6 with the RSPrecomp plugin, still core issues though.

Not tested any of the others on the list, but that method should work for a few more that get that error.

Last edited: