What's new

SNEmulDS 0.4 alpha Released

[vEX]

niechift.com
Category: <b>Nintendo DS</b><br><br>
It has been a long time with no real updates of SNEmulDS.. This first release break this silence, and i hope it will please everyone. First of all, the main change is the integration of the CPU engine of SnezziDS. In fact, I wanted to make my own CPU engine in ASM, but i rapidly saw that i couldn’t do better than bubble2k did. I recognize his work as a masterpiece in DS homebrews. I personnally added some new features from the original C CPU of SNEmulDS: speed hacks, memory protection, and ROM paging/dynamic reloading (giving Large ROMs support for Slot-1 cards). All combined CPU engine and speed hacks give a great boost in speed.
There are also various changes:

• Implemented MODE 7
• Partial line by line engine for MODE 7 games
• Implemented MODE 3,4 (256 colors)
• Now SNEmulDS uses devkitpro 20 and libfat library from chishm with DLDI support, for better compatibility
• Improved ROM paging, reducing bugs for Large ROMs (> 3 Mo)
• Fixed memory leaks (And consequently, fixed famous “Unsupported Large LoRom” bug)
• Three level of speed hacks : no speed hacks, medium speed hacks, full speed hacks. Each level give various compatibility and speed enhancements.
• Fixed various bugs
• Now SNEmulDS sources are under GNU license, to be compatible with snezzids

(don’t forget to patch it with your DLDI driver, SNES games are loaded from SNES directory)

:: SNEmulDS Official Site
:: SNEmulDS 0.4 alpha