What's new

4.4.0 Shots for Opengl 1.2/1.3/1.4

Rice

Emulator Developer
If you happen to have a better video card, opengl will be usually better than DirectX for you because texture combiner supports multiple texture in each stages, while DirectX supports only 1 texture in each stage, and N64 uses complicate 2 texture combiners in the best games.

AFAIK, Nvidia and ATI Radeon video cards support opengl the best.

Last edited:

General

Geforce 2 mx/400

Umm.. I know that my geforce 2 mx 400 should support open gl but I dunno why when I choose those settings with the open gl it runs really slow. Like its having trouble processing.. I ran one of the games and it took forever to just load the n64 logo. Do you know whats causing this problem?

Thanks

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Rice said:
If you happen to have a better video card, opengl will be usually better than DirectX for you because texture combiner supports multiple texture in each stages, while DirectX supports only 1 texture in each stage, and N64 uses complicate 2 texture combiners in the best games.

If I'm not mistaken (which I very well may be), texture cross-barring wasn't officially added until OpenGL 1.4, with the ARB_texture_env_crossbar extension. It's strange though, how nVidia cards support cross-barring even though they don't report ARB_texture_env_crossbar as a supported extension...

Anyway, your combiner's looking great! I need to work on my OpenGL 1.4 combiner, especially it's ATI incompatibility problems. Recently I've been working on another special feature though...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Okrin

For opengl 1.2/1.3/1.4, I am using texture_env_combine and ATI_texture_env_combine3. ARB_texture_env_crossbar works for my Geforce2 with Nvidia opengl 1.3 driver, I can use TEXTURE0_ARB and TEXTURE1_ARB instead of GL_TEXTURE. I don't know if it works for ATI video cards or not, I bet it works.

In fact, the ARB_Texture_env_combine spec states:

If the value of TEXTURE_ENV_MODE is COMBINE_ARB, the texture
function associated with a given texture unit is computed using
the values specified by SOURCE<n>_RGB_ARB, SOURCE<n>_ALPHA_ARB, OPERAND<n>_RGB_ARB and OPERAND<n>_ALPHA_ARB. If TEXTURE<n>_ARB is specified as SOURCE<n>_RGB_ARB or SOURCE<n>_ALPHA_ARB, the texture
value from texture unit <n> will be used in computing the texture
function for this texture unit.

For TNT, I am using texture_env_combine4_NV.

Rice

Last edited: