What's new

making my mouse the controller in Goldeneye 64, HELP!

pretendevour

How do i make my house the controller in Goldeneye 64? I have a laptop so it's difficult to use the key pad and sniping is virtually impossible. I can't seem to change the control to my house. Help?!

Tre

Oops. Died again.
The latest built of N-Rage's Input plugin is amazing for using the mouse, has great sensitivity and if you're using your laptop's built in "pad" mouse, you should have VERY little trouble. If I remember, Rabbiddeity has (on the first page of the thread no less) added a configuration file that will let you set up your mouse without all the mess of trying to do it yourself.

OP
P

pretendevour

i got the pluggin but i can't upload his control settings, it says pluggin not found when i select it, and the mouse controls i choose are whack, how do i save the winzip file and install it?

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Once you've unzipped the N-Rage Plugin to your "plugins" folder, open PJ64 like you normally would. Instead of loading a game, you need to go to "Options" and then "Settings...". You will then go to the "Input (controller) plugin:" option and in the little pulldown box, you SHOULD find the option to use N-Rage's plugin.

THAT sets you up to use the plugin.

Then, to use the .cpf file you also should have downloaded and unzipped to your "plugins" folder, you will go to "Options" "Configure Controller Plugin" and you should easily spot the "Load profile" button. Click it. Then select (you might have to browse your computer to the plugins folder, it's not hard to find) the .cpf for "mouse and keyboard" settings.

Now you should see that your mouse is configured (with your keyboard) in a way that lets you treat it like a real FPS for computers. It's not my cup of tea (his settings) but I did a variant of it for my own purposes a while back. If you can get HIS to work for you and find you don't like it so much, I might be inclined to share mine.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
I don't know why it's not reading the profile for you, it should be loading without incident. I just tried it again for myself, and it's working. Did you make sure you unzipped the configuration file? It won't read it if it's still zipped. It HAS to be a .cpf extension to work.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
That's exactly what I mean. I don't know if you'll even like the set up though, because the mouse controls the movement (analog stick), left-click is the "Z-Button", right-click is "B-button". If you still can't get it to load the controller profile, you might want to make your own. I recommend making your keyboard arrows the analog, and the mouse your C-Buttons. Possibly making the Z-Trigger into your left-click. This way you can aim your gun at an enemy and move that around while you move yourself around with the arrows.

Either way though, I'm not even remotely sure why you aren't able to load the profile... makes no sense to me.

realworksuks

I can't find any mouse and keyboard configurations for goldeneye that work in Mupen 64. I found one for project 64, but they use different file types. Can someone give me a link to a good mouse and keyboard setup for mupen 64???