What's new

BIN+CUE Issues

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey, guys. This new release of SSF is GREAT, and all of my actual Saturn discs work fine, but there's a few games that I keep on my hard drive that won't work boot up as anything else but an audio cd in the emulator. I'm getting really frustrated trying to get Christmas Nights to work. It's in BIN+CUE format and I just can't get the image to work properly. It boots with Cassini, but this emulator and faster and more stable, so please, can someone share a method of getting images to work with SSF? Thanks...

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

of course, but it just won't load right. i mean, i can listen to the music, but that's about it. any way of turning it into a selfboot image? Thanks.

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Don't you think I've checked everything? When I mount the image it won't even tell me that the disc isn't recognizable. I have to waste a cd just to get it to say that the disc isn't supported. Do emulators have copy protection or something? God...this is annoying! I have the US Bios and STV files, so wtf am I doing wrong? Does ANYONE know?

Borisz

It's not a copy protection thing, it's just that crappy sites tend to post untested random rips without any concern for quality.

Xmas Nights works for me once I mounted the cue from the bin/cue in Daemon, then pointing SSF to the correct drive and setting it to the correct region.

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Sigh...Oh well...It runs alright with my actual games, so I guess I'm happy. Thanks for trying to help. I'm just surprised that Panzer Dragoon runs faster than Shining Force III, lol.