What's new

Japan PS3 launch. Only 80,000 units.

Flash

Technomage
I might even wait for the Wii to go down to $200 before I get one.
Yep. That's the point. Let fanboys do preorders and buy consoles for over $600,
i'll buy Wii next summer, maybe i'll buy PS3 too - in 2008 or 2009, if it will survive on market it will be under $300, most of bugs will be fixed and some good games will be available.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The PS3 is like drugs... they will stop at nothing to get them. Please, there are more important things than an overpriced console. Settle down, save some money and wait! And the job gets priority and so does engagement rings!

revl8er

That Damn Good
So far everybody I know hasn't had a problem with sony products. We all know the PS3 is gonna be expensive, but if they can get the game library then it will still be worth buying. The reason the xbox sucked is because of the lack of games IMO at least. The Xbox 360 might have the chance to change that, but I have yet to see it, but it's only been out a year so they got time. The gamecube failed due to the lack of games for true gamers. Sure they had Zelda WW, Mario Sunshine, and RE series, but it wasnt enough to make it top.

Every time a new sony console comes out we hear all the bad things about it. Yet Sony finds a way to get around all that and make a top console. I have my doubts this year though due to the Wii, which I think will dominate the next gen.

Really what I am saying is give the console a chance before making your decisions on it. For all you know the console could do well. On the other hand it might be a complete failure. Only time will tell.

WhiteX

I remember some fake IPod ad, it goes straight to the guy who postponed his engagement..."Keep fragging so we can keep shagging".

BlueFalcon7

Murphys Laws state that its morally wrong to allow sucker to keep their money.

It also sais that If everything seems to be going well, You obviously dont know what the heck is going on.

It doesnt take a genius to put those 2 and 2 together...

The gamecube failed due to the lack of games for true gamers. Sure they had Zelda WW, Mario Sunshine, and RE series, but it wasnt enough to make it top.

No, the gamelist was only for true gamers. Most people were thick headed pussys who were too insecure with their gaming to get theirselfs a Gamecube.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Most of the games were for kids. I did enjoy playing smash brothers, mgs ts, all the re games, and zelda collection though.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Hmmm, so can we consider the Japanese launch a 'failure' or not?

And also with the Amrican launch a week away, how many units to they intend to shift?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I have to say, jpfunk´s act of stupidity amused me greatly, and Clements made my day, kinda needed that...Anyway, following the fresh information from t0rek, it has sold quite alot down there. Not a record though, i think the DS lite sold more then that, i´m not entirely sure...Anyway, my baby brother is getting a 360, while i´m getting a Wii. I am a true ninty fan, because they care about their kiddies, unlike Sony...

Last edited:

Clements

Seems the PS3 made some graphical sacrifices to display the game in 1080p and maintain the frame rate. Overall, the two look either the same or with a slight edge to the 360 (with its much better texturing), despite the fact that RR6 on the 360 being a year old now.

It is becoming harder to justify the extra cost of the PS3 purely on its gaming performance, as the Xbox360 can at least match it on those terms.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
jpfunk82 came back and did exactly what I said he would do, proving my point; Thanks jpfunk82 it was nice knowing ya [/sarcasm] I'd rather be a nerd than a total idiot like you jpfunk.

If you [or anyone else like jp] are reading this, just for your information, Since you know absolutely nothing - I am not intimidated by people who threaten me on a message board, people who do that are often too weak and pathetic to do it in real life. If the PS3 was as awesome as you say it was you wouldn't need to defend it jpfunk so you know your favourite PS3 console is in trouble when you have to flame boards that don't agree with you. Long answer short, if you want to defend the PS3 get some damn facts, grow up and act your age. You're not impressing anyone with your childish antics.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, all this mention of on the street, what the FECK has a games console got to do with being on the street? lmao. Get a life, you'd sit in all day and play your PS3 claiming to be out on the street when you're in your house, how contradicting can ya get.
Doomulation said:
Throw in another cake!
It seems PS3 has trouble playing PS2 and PS games. Some lack sounds and some just do not work at all:
WinBeta.org Beta News and Reviews
PS3 can't play previous PS games properly? What a suprise, Sony can't do anything right these days thats why my money is on Nintendo.

Last edited:

WhiteX

Throw in another cake! :p
It seems PS3 has trouble playing PS2 and PS games. Some lack sounds and some just do not work at all:
WinBeta.org Beta News and Reviews

More on this...

It appears as though even more bad news is flowing from Sony land. Apart from not being able to play Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero II due to issues with controller compatability, it appears as though PSX and PS2 games are also not living up to their high standards of 99-100% backwards compatability.

Over at C|Net Japan, they've got 196 previous gen games not working on the PS3, with problems ranging from no sound to the games being unplayable. Also, for all you Final Fantasy XI fans, apparently there are some problems with the way the drive partitions, so it won't work right.

Cyberman

Maybe ....

We will be fortunate and the Sony CEO will commit Seppuku.

He has to have been the most anoying Japanese businessman of the last 3 decades. The man who brought US the beta! The 'Yet another proprietary but really cool technology we hope to license at rediculous amounts" person, he epitomizes the Japanese mindset of business thinking of decades gone by.

Sorry that's why I hate Sony. I don't like the electronic stuff (it was decent up until 10 years ago then it went like the Beta) they've produced they're batteries suffer from arogance (you have to be a snot to send out something like that... the year of the burning battery).

They should rethink the PS3 and relaunch it in a year OR offer free replacements with units that work as specified. I have no desire to invest in a PS3 myself. I don't want a 360 either.

Cyb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku