What's new

Japan PS3 launch. Only 80,000 units.

jpfunk82

Banned
Almost forgot

What you fail to realize is that the PS2 outsells the Xbox 360 because a) it has a bigger library of games b) it's cheaper and c) the games are cheaper. Now go figure.
Saying the Xbox 360 sucks is stupid too, since you're judging it on the games. The console there may be nothing wrong with. It doesn't have the games, sure, but that doesn't make the console bad.
Furthermore, all the accessories doesn't make a console next-gen. It's funny... you sound like the typical Sony fan-person. They do nothing but blame Microsoft's console even though they have few or no facts.

Yes, we pretty much hate PS3 and I am willing to accept your arguments if they are valid. Prove that you can do a good argument and that you are not some stupid Sony fan-person.

NO NO NO NO,stop kidding yourself,when the ps2 outsells the 360 it's wrong,now go figure, it shouldn't happen,yeah it's more popular and cheaper because it was a great console and yes it has a bigger library that is still growing and is also filling with 360 titles,because it's good.And it surpassed the xbox.And is even taking money from potential 360 owners (I've seen it happen in person) by losing sales to ps2 consoles because the ps2 provides for it's fans.Just because you don't like me and my comments doesn't make them invalid or make me "a stupid sony fan-person"I like the products that work well and come through for me.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You are a typical Sony fan-person. All you do is give sony praise and all you do is badmouth Xbox 360. How does that NOT make you a fan-person of Sony?
Get your facts straight: The PS3 is NOT likely to dominate. It's too expensive, it has more competition and the Wii is certainly getting A LOT of attention. And that is from newcomers to games, too, which Sony wants to capture, but can't. Because they are retarded and do not understand why they do not want their console. New gamers don't want 1337 graphics and pure processing power and they certainly don't want to hand out $600 for it.

The PS2 outsells the Xbox 360 because Xbox 360 is TOO NEW. Get the facts! Sony got the pie last generation because Nintendo went mostly with cartridges, which didn't help much and Xbox came TOO LATE to pose a threat.

And hey, I have known two Sony products... one external DVD writer. That things sucks, BTW. And one PS2 which isn't mine. And it broke, BTW. Good for you that your Sony products haven't failed, but DO realize that Sony are NOT known for good quality products. They have a big brand, that's all.
Yes, Microsoft is evil, bla, bla, bla, but so is Sony! They care as little about their customers as Microsoft. The rootkit scandal, anyone?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Except that rootkit fiasko was Sony BMG's fault (that is, BMG Bretelsmann Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment merger) which is a completely different branch of Sony than Sony Computer Entertainment.

But alas, this is a completely different story altogether.

Since we are talking about broken Sony products, my PS2 is over five years old and has started to show signs of age just recently.

Indeed, new gamers don't want 1337 graphics and pure processing power, they want games that are fun to play. Only time will tell whether the PS3 will be successful, but personally I'm not going to write the entire console off just because Sony has had quite a few problems with it and wants to fill it with new technology (the Blu-Ray Drive and whatnot).

Yes, these are just my opinions. I've never considered myself a Sony fanboy, and I want to give Sony the chance to actually launch the console and play some games myself before I push the entire company and their console in a proverbial mudhole for the final time.

WhiteX

One of the launch-window games for PS3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, has seen a slight setback. A contender for Xbox 360 and PC Game of the Year, the expansive RPG is now expected in the first quarter of 2007.

More delays...

Flash

Technomage
my PS2 is over five years old and has started to show signs of age just recently.
My 3DO is 13 years old (one of the first japanese FZ-10s) and it still works perfectly with no signs of old age, same for NeoGeo CD (10 years), Saturn (8 years), Genesis CDX, TurboDuo.

Well, cd spindle motor failed in my dreamcast but with BAxxx driver chip it was under $20 (PSOne motor, 20 Ohm resistor and chip) and about 20 minutes of work. And it's the only weak point in DC.

My PS2 was bought in 2003 and died in 2006. And it's now impossible to get new laser head, only used for about $60... I'll buy new PS2 but only because i have lots of games to play.

Flash

Technomage
BTW PS3 story reminds me 3Dfx - earthshaking Voodoo2, excellent Voodoo3 and then... delays, delays, delays and death.
I think PS3 will be the Voodoo 5 of Sony - not bad, not very good either and last in the line.

jpfunk82

Banned
Let it go

Well if it makes you feel good you can call me sony fan person but really,honestly,when this all started I was all for the xbox,but as you know the xbox didn't have many titles growing up,and then it broke on top of that,while I considered buying another I found out 360 wouldn't support my titles so I ended up returning them all and buying my nieces tonka games and sponge bob for the cube.

Ever since then I've been a little sour because it had more potential and looked better but became scrap and I paid for it on release spending a total of $450 including games & accessories,I'm sorry your sony products dumped on you but I don't want to hear how sony products aren't reliable when mine somehow always have been from my house to my car,I mean you're all intelligent and you all know that listening to at least 90% reports on products is always hollow in substance.I still love my ps2 and the first one I owned finally broke 2 years after having water spilled on it (nieces strike again) the reason I can't say anything good about the 360 is because I refuse to give it a chance,due to poor customer service.it looks worse on customer service than the xbox so I won't give them anymore money, and that is my consumer decision they could have kept my buisiness but they didn't,so that's that.

Yes it's more than possible for the ps3 to dominate because xbox has never stood a chance to penetrate all three major markets,the xbox line is a laughing stock in Japan and due to the popularity you mentioned of the ps2,and the fact that if you ask any of these new gamers to tell you the name of a game console and they'll say playstation they will buy it when the price reduces if not before,the price won't be $499-$599 forever just like the ps2 when the price goes down all dormant shoppers will no doubt consider playstation 3 first.And many others don't care about the price like you do,these days $600 comes and goes on a single product millions of times a day for less substance.What makes you think the car you drive was worth it's sticker price?But it was bought and paid for,houses aren't worth what they charge,PC's really aren't worth what they charge but we buy these things anyway.I am fulfilled with my purchase considering the $ equivalent of purchasing each featured component individually.

Remember the xbox released @ $300 and still you had to pay $30 to use the existing dvd player.I think that was rediculous compared to the ps3 price debate.Granted the ps2 released at the same price but compared to both of their release prices how is another $100 to $200 that outrageous for what ps3 has to offer.If you adjusted for inflation in todays market the atari 2600 would cost $672,intellivision $838,neo geo $1,010,and 3do would cost $980 also (wich released for $700 in 1993 what a bargain) and the ps3 is expensive to you?Those systems are terrible in comparison.The saturn was $400, today it would be$550.Honestly add the price of each component featured for the ps3 individually and the solid truth is they could ask for much more.The neo geo was $650 upon release and the ps3 seems overpriced?

That isn't right.

P.S. NBA live 07 getting canned and elder scrolls being delayed is no let down,These are still easily accessible on my ps2 and PC.Xbox 360 has yet to realease anything worth being deemed next gen.

Doomulation

Sony products are not of highest quality. Yes, for some they hold and for some (and many!), the also fail quite often. Especially so the PS2.
Screw inflation. How come the Revolution is selling at $250?
Sony can kiss their ass. Here's a good example. Would you buy a car which is LESS expensive but does not have the entire array of next-gen tech BUT works flawlessly with no bugs and works quite well OR would you buy one for an insane amount of money for next-gen tech equipment which does NOT work very well and the card breaks after a year or two? Which one? I'd choose the first.

It's ridiculous. The PS3 contains a lot of crap that I do NOT need, and yet I have to pay for it? Screw yourselves, Sony! If I want something, I buy the APPROPRIATE product.

And BTW, neither PS3 or Xbox 360 has released anything that can be named Next-gen. That is reserved for Revolution and the new controller. What you fail to realize is that $600 is quite a bit of money (even $500 is), and many do NOT have the money for it. Plus what do we get for all that? Crap quality, crap, crap, crap. Loading times, etc, etc, etc. No quality AT ALL. And it sucks 380 watts. That's more than a friggin' computer!

And BTW, Sony BMG may not be Sony Computer Entertainment, but it's the same company: Sony. And Sony Computer Entertainment out out the crap quality PS2 as well. Sony doesn't seem to learn from its mistakes. They just push out new products which are upgrades of their previous products and rely on their brand to sell.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
P.S. NBA live 07 getting canned and elder scrolls being delayed is no let down,These are still easily accessible on my ps2 and PC.Xbox 360 has yet to realease anything worth being deemed next gen.
1st off to respond to your previous comment towards me, the PS2 is still in the lead, yeah thats true... on the CURRENT gen market, and its been out for SEVEN years, the XBox 360 has been out for ONE year, your logic is silly, this is like saying the Gameboy original is in the lead because it has sold more copies than the PS2 (which it HAS)

What exactly is next gen about the PS3? Bluray? No, thats not next gen thats just an overpriced new data storage medium... thats like saying if they sold games on hard drives it'd be next gen, space for data is not next gen. Since I love your earlier logic so much I plan to use it myself, when the PS3 comes onto the market, the Xbox360 is going to be in the lead still.. therefore IT is superior - who cares about time, time is irrelevant, sony ps3 out for 1 second, xbox360 is declared the winner because it has more consoles in peoples homes.

Processing power perhaps? Oh wait the Xbox360 has the same processing power - oh derie me! The PS3 is sounding ever so sweet, no built in rumble support on the control pad. Just because something isn't out yet doesn't deem it next gen.

Name One single reason why I should get the PS3, just One. Bluray is not a reason, Power is not a reason, Price isn't even the reason, so what the hell is? Sony hasn't given me a single incentive to buy their glorified oven so I don't think I will, and I'll badmouth Sony all I like thank you very much, they deserve it.

The Nintendo Wii on the other hand, although less powerful than both of the other ones actually gives me a reason to be a little excited about it, that controller alone is what I'd categorize as being "neat"... whereas the other two are bog standard upgraded editions of the last versions of their console.

Last edited:

jpfunk82

Banned
Sony products are not of highest quality. Yes, for some they hold and for some (and many!), the also fail quite often. Especially so the PS2.
Screw inflation. How come the Revolution is selling at $250?
Sony can kiss their ass. Here's a good example. Would you buy a car which is LESS expensive but does not have the entire array of next-gen tech BUT works flawlessly with no bugs and works quite well OR would you buy one for an insane amount of money for next-gen tech equipment which does NOT work very well and the card breaks after a year or two? Which one? I'd choose the first.

It's ridiculous. The PS3 contains a lot of crap that I do NOT need, and yet I have to pay for it? Screw yourselves, Sony! If I want something, I buy the APPROPRIATE product.

And BTW, neither PS3 or Xbox 360 has released anything that can be named Next-gen. That is reserved for Revolution and the new controller. What you fail to realize is that $600 is quite a bit of money (even $500 is), and many do NOT have the money for it. Plus what do we get for all that? Crap quality, crap, crap, crap. Loading times, etc, etc, etc. No quality AT ALL. And it sucks 380 watts. That's more than a friggin' computer!

And BTW, Sony BMG may not be Sony Computer Entertainment, but it's the same company: Sony. And Sony Computer Entertainment out out the crap quality PS2 as well. Sony doesn't seem to learn from its mistakes. They just push out new products which are upgrades of their previous products and rely on their brand to sell.

OMFG you love to contradict yourself,you think you know the ps3 is going to break huh,the same thing you bitch piss and moan about you turn around and do it,so why bother talking to you,your a moron and you like to hear yourself talk,like I said it's done now,just watch and when it happens do the world a favor and get over yourself,for someone who trys so hard to appear smart you're a jackass.

jpfunk82

Banned
Who the f r u

Dude look at your pic,you need computers LMAO,I mean wow dude.look I said what I said and you keep reading it so I hope you remember all of this when the 360 dumps it's fans the next day Bill wants to play gamer again.

jpfunk82

Banned
BTW you jackass the "revolution" is $250 of decorated gamecube with a new controller that's why they sell it @ that price,it's weaker on purpose.Now you sad sad geeks sit here @ your thread and pretend to be in the scene while real it's laugh @ your n00b asses.

Watch what happens

Goodbye 4 good dexters

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This is why your entire argument failed jpfunk, You just came here for a fight, and to flame us and when you couldn't win your pety argument you just resorted to the standard complete n00b action, "WTF LOL U R GHEY I AM ROOXORS", little do you know that never works and you'll likely be banned in the process.

Try showing some intelligent arguments for once if you want people to listen to your shit. So far, more people will listen to me and doom than listen to you. Brands mean way too much to you buddy, I own a Sony ps2 and I like it, the PS3 has no appeal, I couldn't give a flying .... what console i've got I just want whats good now - PS3 def aint that.

Thank god all sony fanboys are like you, It only helps to doom the console more because its fanbase is made up of complete idiots who can't even form a coherant sentence, like you. FYI, the only N00b here is you.

You'll be back, to insult me more I've heard it all before, i'm guessing you're what, 12? Heh. People like you can't help but troll threads and forums.

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
Kids, tsc tsc tsc...

Doomulation said:
The PS3 contains a lot of crap that I do NOT need, and yet I have to pay for it?
I back up Doomulation, he's right. Such over-powerful console for this era yet? PS2 games still entertain me, don't need an expensive console to play fun games. Unless it make pancakes and have a hole where I can make buttseckz0r with it. :p

jpfunk82

Banned
This is why your entire argument failed jpfunk, You just came here for a fight, and to flame us and when you couldn't win your pety argument you just resorted to the standard complete n00b action, "WTF LOL U R GHEY I AM ROOXORS", little do you know that never works and you'll likely be banned in the process.

Try showing some intelligent arguments for once if you want people to listen to your shit. So far, more people will listen to me and doom than listen to you. Brands mean way too much to you buddy, I own a Sony ps2 and I like it, the PS3 has no appeal, I couldn't give a flying .... what console i've got I just want whats good now - PS3 def aint that.

Thank god all sony fanboys are like you, It only helps to doom the console more because its fanbase is made up of complete idiots who can't even form a coherant sentence, like you. FYI, the only N00b here is you.

You'll be back, to insult me more I've heard it all before, i'm guessing you're what, 12? Heh. People like you can't help but troll threads and forums.

LOL 12 huh,after all that the first thing coming to your mind is 12 year old boy???
I'm really coming down to your level dumbass just because you try wording it different what you're all saying is completely stupid.No I'm not 12 I'm that guy you see walking out of the store @ the same time as you and you get scared and move,I'm that guy that you hope won't say something to you while crossing paths on the street,you can say what you need but you know exactly what I'm talking about, you know we people in the "ghetto" pay more attention in school than you thought.We are on the web too,don't believe I'm not 12 I'm 24 and I live in the hood (the place fruit ass hoes like you will not go to) don't believe me?Tell me what offing a sleeve is on the block bitch that's hood.What you didn't think black people can type?Banned?Please ban me from this bullshit to answer you original reply I signed up on this bitch to give you all a dose of real opinion unlike sitting here for the past 5 years listening to each others fake ass shit.Keep your 360 bitch and keep in your seat seeing how you so scared of what's real,cause on the street you wouldn't say shit bitch cause you'd get burnt up,niggas don't play with gimps like you motherfucker so ban me bitch but you can't ban the snowman.<-- if you don't know what that means then google it or somethin bitch.It's hood.Stop snitchin 06

jpfunk82

Banned
Kids, tsc tsc tsc...

I back up Doomulation, he's right. Such over-powerful console for this era yet? PS2 games still entertain me, don't need an expensive console to play fun games. Unless it make pancakes and have a hole where I can make buttseckz0r with it. :p

I don't know if you could've said anything more ignorant and retarded.Keep trying you'll get it someday!!!!

Doomulation

LOL 12 huh,after all that the first thing coming to your mind is 12 year old boy???
I'm really coming down to your level dumbass just because you try wording it different what you're all saying is completely stupid.No I'm not 12 I'm that guy you see walking out of the store @ the same time as you and you get scared and move,I'm that guy that you hope won't say something to you while crossing paths on the street,you can say what you need but you know exactly what I'm talking about, you know we people in the "ghetto" pay more attention in school than you thought.We are on the web too,don't believe I'm not 12 I'm 24 and I live in the hood (the place fruit ass hoes like you will not go to) don't believe me?Tell me what offing a sleeve is on the block bitch that's hood.What you didn't think black people can type?Banned?Please ban me from this bullshit to answer you original reply I signed up on this bitch to give you all a dose of real opinion unlike sitting here for the past 5 years listening to each others fake ass shit.Keep your 360 bitch and keep in your seat seeing how you so scared of what's real,cause on the street you wouldn't say shit bitch cause you'd get burnt up,niggas don't play with gimps like you motherfucker so ban me bitch but you can't ban the snowman.<-- if you don't know what that means then google it or somethin bitch.It's hood.Stop snitchin 06

You certainly do not live up to your age. If you are a grown up, then take it like a grown up. Stop insulting and put bad words everywhere in your replies. Argue on the facts you do not agree with and keep a neutral tone.
State the good things of PS3, or better yet, state the FACTS, what it is. From those we pick what we find is good and from that we judge whether or not to aquire one. All you've done is hype the things we don't care about.
Sure, the Revolution may just be a GC 1.5 + New Controller, but it's much cheaper and that controls is actually something I look FORWARD to, unlike the PS3 which is just basically a powerhouse with better graphics. And a blu-ray player.

Stop being childish, show us you can be mature.

BlueFalcon7

OK, so people bought the Xbox 360 on ebay and places like that for over $400, but only a small percentage of people would pay that. Most people wouldnt even spend $400 on it, let alone the hiked up prices on ebay. I mean how many xbox 360s sold on ebay for over $600? They werent flying out of the auctions on ebay for that price. Because it was only the crazy people who would spend that kind of money instead of wating, or playing at a friends house. I personally think that $400 for a 360 is rediculous. I also thought that $300 for an xbox way back in the day was rediculous. I might even wait for the Wii to go down to $200 before I get one. Personally, I think that the PS3 is for thick headed Sony fans who are too insecure with their gaming that they have to put down Nintendo, and make theirselfs look cool with a PS3, and are too rich to care about doing their research, and getting a little knowledge about the "next gen" consoles.

OK, I can sniff a wigger/wangster half way around the world. I am From the most gangsta Town in the US of A (Middle east is the reason I dont say world) I know people who have lived in the ghetto, none of them want to go back. I have seen the ghetto, and I have seen a crackhouse. People who live in the ghetto dont brag about it. Its not any feat to become a gangster. All you have to do, is fail out of school, and find people just like yourself. Listening to a little 50 cent, Mike jones, and eminem and friends will teach you the lingo. I have seen the ghetto, and its not a place you want to be. You however are the whitest person I have ever seen. You are White and nerdy, except without the nerdy part. So quit acting like a wangster, do well in high school (when you start high school), go to college, and get a degree. I guarantee that you will get much more out of life that way. Life as a crack addict is not the way you want to live ;)

Last edited: