What's new

NDS Emulator

kzez1986

I would like to write NDS emulator. Wtah should I know and where can I find documentation?

Thank you in advance for your help.

OP
K

kzez1986

I can programming a few, but I haven't written any emulator yet. I hope that when I write NDS emulator, my programming experience will improve.

Garstyciuks

If you don't think that you're really good in programming, then you should probably start off from easier systems to emulate - like Chip8.

OP
K

kzez1986

But I needn't Chipp 8 emulator, but NDS Emulator. In addition Chip 8 emulator exists, but good NDS emulator don't exist.

synch

Let's get things straight, if you don't have any prior emulator programming experience, and you're not a really experienced coder, you'll fail to emulate de Nintendo DS, without a single doubt. It's a bigger project than you think.

And I'm not telling this to discourage you from writing an emulator, just trying to make you realize, that maybe you should start from easier (and more feasible) projects.

Exophase

Emulator Developer
If you want a much simpler system to start with you'd may as well do a GBA emulator, since Nintendo DS reuses pretty much every last bit of GBA hardware..

Cyberman

Kzez1986: No one wants to discourage you, however an emulator is quite an undertaking. The Chip8 was recomended since the NDS is far too complex a project for you too start with. What you are asking is very similiar to asking 'I would like to build a space shuttle, any suggestions?' I recomend learning a bit before hitting your head against the wall and giving up. You cannot build an entire city without first building a single house. You must take one step at a time, or you'll be easily overwelmed.

Also you should scan information in the forum already in existance before posting a thread. Try this thread as it has a LOT of useful information reguarding NDS emulation. I recomend you research the topic before deciding if you want to do it or not. :)

Cyb