What's new

Rice Video Fullscreen problems

Lazureus

When using Project64 1.6 and Rice Video plugin (DirectX mode), I have an issue with fullscreen. When going fullscreen, no matter what the resolution is, the graphics in certain games such as Goldeneye 007 and Mario Kart 64 become very flickery and jittery. I can play in any resolution in windowed mode and the game runs perfectly. However, I prefer to play in fullscreen, so is there any way to fix this?

In OpenGL, it's even worse and even happens in windowed mode.

Specs:
P4 2.6ghz
512mb RAM
128mb ATI Radeon 9600 pro

EDIT: I upgraded to latest drivers for my card and it still does this, just FYI.

Last edited:

Riddick

if you have frame skip on for the emulator or the graphics plugin turn it off because that was what was causing my screen flashing to occur in fullscreen only.

Riddick

OP
Lazureus

Lazureus

Hmm I don't see any frame skip options set. At least not in the rice video options. The only option in P64 that I can see is 'Limit FPS', but that isn't frame skipping tho>.>

OP
Lazureus

Lazureus

I have the latest RDB, the rom is fine cuz it doesn't do this in Jabo's plugin. As I said, these games work perfectly if in windowed mode, whether it be 640x480 or 1024x768. It's specifically in fullscreen that goldeneye and mariokart64 (and maybe some other untested games i have) that things get all funky. It does this in every fullscreen resolution I use, including any Hz setting.