What's new

Rom Editing Help

Lu_Xun00

Hello, I am sort of new with Rom editing, and was wondering if you could possibly help me with a few of my questions. First off, I was wondering what exactly are the capabilities of a "hex editer". I have "Translhextion", and I know kind of how to edit dialogue in the game, but I was wondering about it's other capabilies. I very much dislike DOS, for it is not too friendly with my computer, and I know that most of the good editers use DOS, but I prefer Windows. I wanted to edit Pokemon Gold into someone completely new. I wanted to edit the story, the dialogue, graphics; for example, I know how to change the "sprite" graphics, but is there any way to edit the battle scenes? Because it doesn't really look good if you change the sprites, but when you see the actual image, it looks completely different. So I guess, not just the battle scenes, but the full character is what I'm looking to change. I have a tile editer, but it's really confusing in the fact that it shows data as well as images; so I have to continuesly scroll through all the data until I reach sprites. Could you possibly give me some suggestions on what I should be using, and any advice on how I can go about changing certain things I would greatly appriciate it. Thank you for your time.