What's new

Compiling Project 64

Akuja

Help me. I keep getting these errors upon compiling.

1>c:\documents and settings\kuja_akuma\desktop\pj64 build\mempak.c(73) : warning C4996: 'sprintf' was declared deprecated
1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(345) : see declaration of 'sprintf'
1> Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'

What do i have to do to fix this. I have never programmed before. I figured it could not be that hard. It is basically scripting that is used in Maya MEL.
But as for compiling i am completly lost

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
that's a warning, not a compile error
and you can add
Code:
#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
to get rid of that warning

Btw: Why are you trying to compile it if a binary version is available?

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Naturally, you should heed those warnings, but since you are not a programmer...
And yes, as falcon explained, it will compile anyway, unless you've told the compiler to treat warnings as errors.

OP
A

Akuja

Falcon4ever said:
that's a warning, not a compile error
and you can add
Code:
#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
to get rid of that warning

Btw: Why are you trying to compile it if a binary version is available?

Well thats a good question and normally i would not try but i noticed no n64 emulator had support for 10, 11, 20, 21 gameshark incremental codes.
I have added the codes in 1964 source but i end up with more errors in that than Pj64.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Adding things to a source without being a programmer is not recommended. You don't know what you're doing. You'll generally not know how to make it work or what effects it might have. Furthermore, you'll probably not know how to fix any issues that arise.