What's new

.7z help

Status
Not open for further replies.

poprocks8908

All my Files are .7z and I need them to play in my Project64 what do I have to do/where do I get what I need?

P.S. I have no idea what things are when it comes to this stuff since im new, so please be literal and dont abbrev. very much, thanks

dj_jammer506

I was confused when I downloaded a file in this format too. .7z is a zipped file format like .zip or .rar, so there for use WinRAR to UnZip it.

Just Google WinRAR for it and you'll probably get the 40-Day Trial that I've had for several years now.

Hope that helps.

- Dj

Toasty

Sony battery
You can also download the official 7-Zip tool from the official site as an alternative to decompressing 7-Zip archives, or if you'd like to create some of your own.

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Free / Open

Toasty said:
You can also download the official 7-Zip tool from the official site as an alternative to decompressing 7-Zip archives, or if you'd like to create some of your own.

Just add that the 7zip format is free and open and the tool you pointed too. It makes this program more interesting than other comercial compressors, since is as good as WinZip or WinRar, but it´s free (always IMHO).

OP
P

poprocks8908

Thanks alot, it shows 7 files now in .z64 format, what do I do with these? thank *is stupidest person ever*

Poobah

In Project64, go to Options->Configure Controller Plugin. There you can configure the controls.

With the files in the 7-Zip archives, have a look at this document. It will explain all the codes appended to the titles of the different versions of the games. You'll probably want the (U) [!] or just plain (U) ones.

Clements

This is not a forum to discuss how to open archives (that are probably illegally downloaded anyway). This is a support forum for PJ64 and it's plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.