What's new

360 Controller

Gim

Meber with
Hi all together!!

I have an 360 USB Controller (that one with cable for the 360 console) connected to my PC and installed the driver.
It works good but there is no ruble in PSX Emus nor there is no rumble in PC games that uses ruble through force feedback.
I figured out that it hasn´t do do with the controller itself. (the controller is 100% O.K.)
It has do do how MS uses the rumble.
MS don´t use the class force feedback any more. Instead they uses Xinput.
Xinput is a new class (I think it is preview for Direct X 10 or so) . If you have the SDK (the October05 release ) then you are able to see what I mean. There is a demo for testing Xinput and a little game in with the controller works fully (Rumble and ring light is working).

Now my question:
How could we build a plug in or a update a plug in or build a warper to get the controller work full with a psx emu or other games that don´t use Xinput?

ward12e

I haven't ever tried a playstation emulator before mainly due to lack of intrest in any of the games on the playstation or playstation 2.

Which playstation emulator would you suggest making an input plugin for? If there are any existing input plugins with source code for one of the playstation emulators it shouldn't be too difficult to add rumble support at least. However it would be a lot more work to fully add support for XInput suppprt - allowing use of 4 Xbox 360 pads on one PC, and support of the buttons on the pad through XInput instead of DirectInput.

If you tell me which emulator exactly you had in mind I can have a look into it for you.

OP
Gim

Gim

Meber with
I think about epsxe 1.60 (my number one) or Pcsx (I think the newest 1.5 or the beta 05240 )(www.epsxe.com www.pcsx.net)
Please make a Plug in for one 360 Controller and the second changeable to a normal rumble pad because I only have one 360 controller at the moment and the other is a PS one controller connected with a adapter to USB.

Another question is: Is it possible to make a warper to translate rumble to Xinput to use it with games to have rumble there. For example in an old game Incoming or UT 2004 or so.

Last edited:

Luc

Gim said:
Hi all together!!

I have an 360 USB Controller (that one with cable for the 360 console) connected to my PC and installed the driver.
It works good but there is no ruble in PSX Emus nor there is no rumble in PC games that uses ruble through force feedback.
I figured out that it hasn´t do do with the controller itself. (the controller is 100% O.K.)
It has do do how MS uses the rumble.
MS don´t use the class force feedback any more. Instead they uses Xinput.
Xinput is a new class (I think it is preview for Direct X 10 or so) . If you have the SDK (the October05 release ) then you are able to see what I mean. There is a demo for testing Xinput and a little game in with the controller works fully (Rumble and ring light is working).

Now my question:
How could we build a plug in or a update a plug in or build a warper to get the controller work full with a psx emu or other games that don´t use Xinput?

Someone posted a fix for the rumble. See in the main pj64 forum. If I have time I'll also take a look if I can enhance it further.

OP
Gim

Gim

Meber with
Luc said:
Someone posted a fix for the rumble. See in the main pj64 forum. If I have time I'll also take a look if I can enhance it further.

If you mean the plug in for pj64 than I have found it my self.
What I asked here is for PSX Plug In with eroumble for 360 Controller.

DevilMayCry

That would be neat, but ePSXe doesn't use input plugins, but maybe replacing that burutter.dll with something with XInput support?
BTW can't the N-Rage fix be used on the N-Rage PSX plugin?

DevilMayCry

Like I said on my other post the data format info about the rumble and led control has been discovered and is now on the Free60 wiki.
Check it here -> http://www.free60.org/wiki/Gamepad#Output_report
Now let's hope the guys at XBCD can use it on their drivers, if they can do it we wont need any silly patches or updates to use the rumble on any emulator that supports DirectInput.