What's new

Commands

Tinbok

Hey all, I've been getting into ASM recently and I'm having a problem. I start by playing a game (Zelda OoT) and I set a BPW on an address. When I get hit the debugger: commands menu opens up. I close it but whenever I try to resume the game the commands menu keeps popping up. Is there any way to stop it from opening up?

Quvack

You need to goto the address where you've set the BPW and remove it, or if your looking for another command that uses the same address you could always NOP (hex-2400 if i remember properly) things out until you find what you want.

Good luck hacking around :) it can be a bitch, but fun too!

OP
T

Tinbok

Yeah, I thought that would work too, but I tried removing the BPW. The menu still kept opening up though.
Good luck hacking around :) it can be a bitch, but fun too!
Heh, yeah. Lots of fun and stress at the same time. :)

Quvack

Tinbok said:
Yeah, I thought that would work too, but I tried removing the BPW. The menu still kept opening up though.

That's odd. nemu/the debugger can be 'kinda' buggy sometimes but I havent had that happen, if the address isnt coloured in maybe try unchecking the Read/Write options for it to be checked on? *shrug* I'm not sure why else it wouldn't be working.