What's new

Don't work anymore

ssj4maiko

Until 2 days ago, my Chankast worked fine, now, when I try to run a game, it enter as an CDDA Disk. I haven't changed nothing, so, I don't know what could happen. But I saw that, after deleting a file with the VMU Browser, somehow, that file was still in there when I acessed with the Chankast without CD.

Neither an Boot CD works anymore.

Could someone help me. :unsure:

OP
ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko

Still Nothing

I don't quite understand the "properties to read only", but I haven't touched the Clock.

But, before the "Reset", my Joystick gone crazy when at Options, VMU and Music Menu, at the Home, it worked fine, now it works fine again at all Menus

Obs: before Chankast stopped here, my joystick worked too.

Could someone explain me what is the Flash thing? Bios I already know, but Flash is new... Maybe, knowingabout this, I can figure out the problem.

Just in case, when I put a game on de Virtual Drive, Chankast says to put an Game Disk, but, when I trade the image from the drive, it loads the new image, but the message is the same...

I use Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
ssj4maiko said:
Could someone explain me what is the Flash thing? Bios I already know, but Flash is new... Maybe, knowingabout this, I can figure out the problem.
Dc_flash.bin is where Chankast stores the BIOS settings, such as the date and time. So basically, it's the same thing as the chip that stores the settings in the real Dreamcast.

OP
ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko

thanks for the explanation

Unfortunatally, I can't think at a problem with this, I just have 3 Flashes (Jap, USA, EUR), I usually try with the Deafault (EUR), but I tried to with USA, and didn't work, haven't tried with Jap cause I though it''d be like an Bios, wouldn't be compatible.

If anyone have an answer for my problems, please, tell me :x

OP
ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko

As it don't have an "uninstall" or something like that, I deleted all files from de directory. After that, I went to the Registry and found something about Area 1, so I deleted it, as I hough that Chankast would do that again...

but now I think about temporary files... Do Chankast works with this?? if yes, where can I found them to delete?

After I deleted, the emulator worked the same way, simply don't recognize a game, as if only worked with original games...

(Why do something like this happen to me??? :( )

OP
ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko

OK, I found the problem, and will advise everybody who made the same mistake...

Never change de drive name of the virtual Drive, if Daemon tools use "Generic", let it be. If Alcohol use "SCSIVAX", then, don't change, somehow, my change made even the Daemon tools fail, but, I can play again.

Thank you for the support, and here we learn again with our mistakes ^^