What's new

Weird problem with cheat menu buggering up

chemical

Hey,

I'm new to the board so, hello everyone

I've been using PJ64 for awhile with WWF No Mercy, but yesterday I was adding and editting some codes/cheats for NM, and PJ64 came up with a "Attempt Failed" or something like it does on occassion if you have too much running or whatever, so I did the whole "end proccess" "dont send error message" thing like usual, but when I restarted it all my cheats where gone, so I right click and add cheat, type in a random and add it, then all my cheats reappear, but everytime i exit the cheat menu, everything i just did is forgotten and the cheats dissapear until i do the "add cheat" again.

I've tried unmark all, adding cheats, deleting, editting, loading past state, restore, etc. and nothing has an effect and all my cheats dissapear until i add another cheat and any changes i do whether its add/delete/edit arent remembered.

Any ideas what the prob is and how to fix it?

It happened when I was adding a whole load of codes and moving quickly so I think I over did it :unsure:

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

erustad

dragon tamer
in settings on the options tab, do you have remember selected cheats option on? not shure but that could be the problem.

OP
C

chemical

erustad said:
in settings on the options tab, do you have remember selected cheats option on? not shure but that could be the problem.
Yea thats checked off, besides if it wasnt all that would happen is all the cheats would be unchecked, not invisible, and it would still remember when i delete/edit/add cheats.

Thanks anyways

When I tryed to edit cheats (to C+P them onto a word doc for if i was to reinstall PJ64) it has an error saying its not responding and closes the application, I dont know if this could be caused by a bad code?, if so is there a way to turn off all codes without unchecking them in the cheat box?, any other ideas what it could be?

Last edited:

erustad

dragon tamer
do you have the latest rom database (rdb) and yes there is a button that says unmark all in the cheat menu that turns all the codes off.

OP
C

chemical

"is there a way to turn off all codes without unchecking them in the cheat box?, any other ideas what it could be?" :/

I managed to sort it, when fiddling around I opened the .CHT file and looked around, i was actually going to copy it and reinstall PJ64, but I noticed at the end of the file theres a bit that says something along the lines of "End- Anything below here you have entered) and there was one cheat, my RVD Rolling thunder, which was what I put in as it fucked up, so I deleted it so there was nothing below the "End", and it loaded up perfectly, WITH all my cheats there, i've fooled around and it does work, I'm guessing your cheats arent supposed to be saved there and I was moving too fast and somehow it ended up there, but I dont know :p

erustad

dragon tamer
its good that you figured it out. and just so you know, the only way to turn them off is to uncheck them. and when you choose the option"add cheat" and enter it and click the add button, it automatically saves them. there is no need to edit any files or anything like that.