Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    That guy that does stuff. Darkfox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wonderswan/Wonderswan Color Emulator

I know this is waaaay behind but I have noticed that WS/C emulation has slipped under the radar for a few years now ever since the mysterious disappearances of the original emulation authors, strangely around the same time (ASSASSINATED!). Has there been any efforts to breath new life on it? (Personally I did not like how they built Oswan, it feels unnatural, just my opinion. And lacks functions that Cygne originally had, as well as some uneccesary transparencies.)

I am just curious at this point.

Another strange thing is that other codeing projects outside of emulation also went out around the same time. O_o It is a conspiracy!

Darkfox

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There have been no new efforts to my knowledge. a shame really. Cygne or Oswan it is.

Living RCP Hungup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I messed with the sources of Cygne and Oswan half a year (or something) ago and sorta hacked them together. What I mean is that I inserted Oswans fixed/enhanced CPU core into Cygne and changed some things around to fix some other bugs (in... the emulation main loop, also changed some initial I/O register values). To be honest, pretty much the only real work I did here was with I/O register 0xCD which is used by Digimon Tamers Battle Spirit - which sets its in-game language according to it -, I added layer toggling and made some GUI changes... In case anyone wants this hack job, download here including source code: http://magicstone.de/dzd/temp/cygne_inofficial-v25.zip
    cu xdaniel

Kagami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, not bad. This was actually an idea I had. ^_^ Even if it is a "hack job" I do like what I see. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks but I prefer Oswan for better compabilities and it allows me to use PSX controller rather than the keyboard that I really hate.

EMU: MAME - BSNES - VirtuaNes - Gens32 - VBA - No$gba - iDeaS - NeonDS - ePSXe - XEBRA - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - PJ64 - PCSX2 - Dolphin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meh. I just can't agree with it's design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What do you mean?

EMU: MAME - BSNES - VirtuaNes - Gens32 - VBA - No$gba - iDeaS - NeonDS - ePSXe - XEBRA - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - PJ64 - PCSX2 - Dolphin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, a GUI is no good for me. And as said, there are places in some games where certain things are transparent when it should be black. Apparently it can't read those differences. Though I myself have a nice controller, I would have much rather seen a Cygne update, than a new Oswan, it'll probably never happen though officially. Plus when I go to the GUI the sound locks and repeats. Hurts my head over time (I wear headphones).

I dunno what is wrong with a toolbar. O_o... I'm classic. What can I say?

But it is still sad that they died out of the scene. It makes me consider... CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    Last edited by Darkfox; May 9th, 2006 at 05:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know. They are only two and died so quickly but glad that I am able to play Rockman & Forte perfectly on Oswan better than Cygne but Cygne deserves to be improvement. I guess nobody want to develop them anymore for them are not popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly popularity goes to bigshot newbies. *sigh* It isn't really fair to go "bleh" to them. They are classics. And thats how I see it.

Edit: But if I get my skills up, I am going to try my hand at improveing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast