What's new

Any GC emulators that can be run on PS2 or XBOX.?

andresx

Just wondering.

Thinking of buying a GC just to get mario kart. but I was wondering if this game can be backed up and run on another console, such as the xbox or ps2?.

There this one game I want from GC (mario kart), but I am aware that PS2 and Xbox has lots of mods and more easily access to game. Hence I wanted to find out if GC games can be backed and using an emulator run another console.

Thz.

OP
A

andresx

So, I gather this:

1. GC games can be backed up using a dvd and a PC. Good, I'll use the magic of google to find out how.

2. Can a GC emulator be installed on a ps2 or xbox?.

OP
A

andresx

OK.

Decided to buy the GC just to play mario kart (gotta love that game!!). Anyway, do I need the memory card to play the game? i don't know much about the console.

Knuckles

Moved to general GC emulation64

and yes, GC needs a memory card if you want to save your game progress.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, they don't even have a full speed GC emulator for high-end PCs. If the Xbox had extremely similar hardware to the GC (which it doesn't) it might be remotely possible for a full speed emulator to be written for it, but that's a moot point. It'll never happen on the PS2 (at least, never at full speed or anywhere near it) as the PS2 has inferior hardware to the GC. So yeah, buy a GC and a mem card and play Mario Kart to your heart's content. :)

Clements

The Xbox is almost exactly like a PC from ~2001, and the PS2 is weaker than both Xbox and GC in terms of power. Given that a custom-built dual-core/SLi PC from 2006 cannot run an emulator anywhere near fullspeed in 98%+ games, those consoles would fair a lot worse. You also can't emulate a system on a platform that is weaker than the one you want to emulate. That is just simple logic.

OP
A

andresx

On my way to Target to buy the GC. I'd buy it online or used from ebay but kinda desperate to get the thing today.

Anyway, now that I will be the proud owner of a GC, what mods are available for it?. So that backed up games can be run?. I read that the drive can be changed for a dvd drive, even though it won't entirely fit. Is this true?. Can a HD be installed on the GC?.

Thx