What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

I'm new to the boards and just want to say Project64 is great and thanks for dedicating your time for all to enjoy.

I'm not sure if this has been talked about as i have not read all the many pages in this thread. I think a good idea would be a built in front end with screen shots near each game title in the menu.

I know you guys are working hard and don't take requests but getting vigilante 8 second offence to work better would be nice.

Thanks.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Hi emutalk ppl... long time no see :D and good to see this project alive.

My wishlist for PJ64: ;)

- A better gui, with icons or boxarts/screenshots. For more "wow" effect, for better visualization on bigger screens, for easy handling of games.
- If devs can implement netsupport will be great, because play Mario Kart or Super Smash bros with friends is priceless :D
- Some command-line polishing: switches like [-fullscreen] [-exit on stop emulation] for better integration with frontends (like GameEx).

I know that the devs are already working hard on this, but:
Better Mario Tennis support in the new graphics plugin. This is one of the best N64 games, so deserves it :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

Dudemango

hi, i would like to see somesort of auto-save feature where it could automatically create a savestate every few minutes. This would be useful because some of the games i play crash sporadically, this would help me recover from that. I apologise if this has already been said or even implemented in 1.7

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Maybe you should check your hardware and that the plugins work with your hardware before requesting a feature that searves no actual pupose to the usual gamer exect to fill his or her HDD with savestates that take well over 1 megabytes each.

So it's not a good idea. look for ways to fix the crashes (i.e. use the Direct3D6 plugin instead of Direct3D8 plugin is you have below minimum specs hardware, etc.) before requesting features that don't really fix the problems you have at all.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
well you guys are always telling us not to use save states all the time coz bad code can remain in the save state, causing it to crash later on.

if save states saved automatically, then it could save just before the game crashes causing the game to crash everytime you load it.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
it is better to use native saves .. but that does not mean instant saves are nessarly bad. One thing I have planned but still have not done is to give the option to back up instant saves .. say your saving on slot 1, you save the game, it will back up the last save on this slot. So if you acidently erased that save or oversaved it then you could manually recover it. It would only keep like 3 saves per slot.

squall_leonhart

that does sound like a great idea.

i have another idea for saves.

is it possible to remove the link between save states and native saves.

i have found that if i load a savestate that is older then a native save, that it reverts the native save to the last time saved.

i dunno if its possible though...

carbon900

Maybe having more save states where there is a load button for each, because sometimes the saves build up like .pj6 .pj7 and overwrite eachother when pressing F5 -- maybe like the Shift + 1 to save, 1 to load, but the shift+1 is kinda hard to do sometimes when u wanna save smth quick

squall_leonhart

you can change save slots by pressing a number

1-0 i believe, 0 being the default save slot. (not the numpad, the numkeys at the top of the keyboard)

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
the problem with that is when you save something in hast, you might accidentally brush the 5, 6, or 7, which i have admittedly done wuite a few times.

metalkobra

Happy Cat
Hmmm, first and foremost, netplay.

Secondly i dont know what else, honestly i think everything is just fine minus games that have a few graphical errors and such, i dont really see anything wrong with pj64.

squall_leonhart

lol, netplay netplay netplay.

its the most requested feature lol. one of em anyway.

Zilmar MIGHT put netplay in.

he knows the people wants it, but theres other things to do atm, such as increasing compatibilty, fixing core issues etc.