What's new

1964 Save / Load

Apollo

Afternoon all (well, here it is anyway),

I was curious as to whether anyone else was getting the same problem that I am getting here.

I have 1964 working nicely here playing Zelda 64, apart from those 2D static indoor images which I know about. Anyway, during the game, I go into the menu and save, then continue playing. As per normal. Yet when I load up the emulator again the next day, it did not save at all.

Plan B - I tried using the emulator's save state function. I did so, yet it's not actually creating a file when I click save - therefore no file to load when I search for a saved state.

Any ideas? I don't really fancy doing this deku tree level a 4th time, heh ;)

Cheers,
- James

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hmmm... good question...i got a certain problem...
I was playing Star Fox 64 in fullscreen and during that I saved between some levels per shortcut...but when the save window opened, there was only "open"-command, but no "save"-command...and with this "open" it didn´t work of course...
Help would be appreciated

Rice

Emulator Developer
Use F5 to save state, F7 to load. Use digit key 0 to 9 to select state saving slot.

Btw, the <Open> button should be labeled as <Save> button, but it works as a <Save> button.

For Zelda, you should use SRAM as game save type, and the in-game save should work fine because I tested it before.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Well Rice,

Because you've just told me how to quick save/load in 1964, you've now made 1964 my favourite emulator. The quick save and load using the pF-keys is something I like to be able to do.

As for the in-game save using the menu, not quite sure about that, but as long as the emulator save works, all should be good.

Will that emulator-save be there to load quick-load when I next run zelda another day?

Cheers
- James

Rice

Emulator Developer
ya, you got it. You just need to remember the slot which you saved to in the other day.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

It's pretty sweet, although the F4 (close) and F5 (save) keys are a little close for my liking, heh ;) I just have to be careful what I press.

Thanks for your help.

- J

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: ........

Andson said:
No idea sorry mate :D
Andson, it is really unnceccesary to reply "I don't know". Try not to do that.
And Apollo: The quick save/load is in most emulators. I think you should trust states more than native save (the game's own save function), since it might mess up. I don't trust it either :D

Glurak

yeah right jsut that it's the other way don't thrust emu savestates and try to use native savestates as often as possible cause all the possible bugs the emulator might have and tzhat caue it not to act exactly like a n64 get saved in the state they are not in the native save.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah...I would say so, too...
Think about new versions of an emu...could be that it can´t deal with the old saves...
I had that problem with a SNES-emu once... not that funny ;)

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Re: Re: ........

Doomulation said:

Andson, it is really unnceccesary to reply "I don't know". Try not to do that.

It may just be me, but I personally thought it was nice for someone to take the effort to reply back with a 'sorry mate, not too sure on that one' rather than just skimming over the post.

Cheers Andson.

- J

OP
Apollo

Apollo

Glurak said:
yeah right jsut that it's the other way don't thrust emu savestates and try to use native savestates as often as possible cause all the possible bugs the emulator might have and tzhat caue it not to act exactly like a n64 get saved in the state they are not in the native save.

Very true there.
I've been keeping multiple copies of emu save states and native - just in case. I'm quite far in the game again and don't want to have to do that Deku Tree right at the beginning for a fourth time ;)

- J