What's new

WCW Vs. nWo World Tour help needed

bmyers22

I'm trying to get WCW Vs. nWo World Tour to work properly. I would post this in one of the emulator forums, but it's a problem on the two emulators that I've tried. This problem also happens in at least one of the more similar wrestling games, though to a lesser extent, that being WWF No Mercy. I haven't noticed it in WCW/nWo Revenge, but I probably didn't come across the situation.

I'm using Jabo's latest plugin that comes with Project64, as that seems to be the best at rendering the menus.

The problem is that when an AI opponent goes outside the ring in 4 person matches (or even 3 person), the game starts to flicker excessively. In WCW Vs. nWo World Tour, it's like a fast strobe light. In WWF No Mercy, it's a lot slower, but it's still annoying. Again, I haven't tried it in WCW/nWo Revenge, but considering it came after World Tour and before No Mercy, it probably does do it. Maybe WWF Wrestlemania 2000, too.

Anyway, on the Project64 forum, I found an old thread that said to try Mupen64 with Jabo's plugin. And I did that. And I got the same problem. It was configured just like I had it in Project64.
The PJ64 RDB says it's an issue with the core, and not the plugin. But the same exact thing happens in Mupen64 with the same plugin. Although, I tried two other plugins within Mupen, and they both did the exact same strobe flicker in World Tour.

I guess what I want to know is, is there an emulator and plugin combination that works? Or is this problem universal?

snesmaster40

Hm... it should work with Mupen

I'm using:
-Video Plugin: Glide64 Wonder Plus
-Inpiut Plugin: Jabo's DirectInput7 0.5
-Sound Plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 1
-RSP Plugin: Hacktarux/Azimer HLE RSP plugin

OP
B

bmyers22

snesmaster40 said:
Hm... it should work with Mupen

I'm using:
-Video Plugin: Glide64 Wonder Plus
-Inpiut Plugin: Jabo's DirectInput7 0.5
-Sound Plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 1
-RSP Plugin: Hacktarux/Azimer HLE RSP plugin

I tried Glide64 (the one that came with Mupen) and it gave me errors when I tried to run the game. I guess I can't use that plugin for some reason :(

The game works fine with other plugins, it's just the excessive flicker in the situation I described. It's really annoying, since my favorite match is the Battle Royal. And if an AI wrestler is eliminated, they stay outside the ring, and it does the strobe light flicker.

OP
B

bmyers22

Ok, I found some information about Glide. Turns out I needed to use a Glide wrapper.

Anyway, it works now with Project64. Although, the numbers on the selection screen (like number of players or teams) are displayed as one less than they really are. Which is confusing. Other than that, it works.