What's new

Graphics Programming Help/Suggestions

TJA

Hi all,
I writting to get some help on something thats been holding me back from serious emulator programimg for a long time now, I've written a working chip8 emu and a couple of old aracde machine emulator and are in my weeks of completing my computer science degree so I have the programming skills and know how to create an emulator the thing is troughout my degree and my own programming projects I have learnt little if anything about graphics programming chip8 graphics is so basic a monkey could implement it will tools such as SDL such as I did and my arcade emus useing command line text as graphics output ( verry crappy ). I'm wanting to move onto a gameboy emu, the cpu I should have not much trouble with as I have worked on an 8080 emu before for my arcade emus, I just need some pointers on implementing the graphics, could someone point me to something that could aid me in learning how to implement graphics in an emulator, thanks in advance.

TJA

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
you shouldnt have any problem using sdl for your gameboy emu, the sprites are pretty much stored as bitmaps anyway, so just learn how to use sprites in SDL and you should be fine for loading them in from the memory from then on :)