Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64 Paper Mario Emulation

Okay so here's my problem. I have been messing around with all of OUR(and I do mean everyone in this forum) favorite plugins for project 64. Trying to find some way to play paper mario with out any problems. I mean, you know you can't have exactly perfect quality but most plugins are pretty damn close. Jaboos plugins work perfect except the fact that they flicker and its not repairable.

Rice 6.1.1 for some damn reason never wants to fix itself with paper mario because once you get the flicker problem solved, you get graphics problems like discoloration in the images. Or Translucent issues. And also you have the infamous background problem wanting to show through everything. Rice just doesn't work.

Then there is Glide64 v.08 wonder is truly a wonder.
    The game doesn't flicker and it runs the special effects graphics i.e: the fortune tellers globe has 3 little balls that come out and do a little circle before he gives a fortune. However when entering and leaving houses and screens (such as menus) it is HORRIBLY sluggish. Also battle sequences load slow and show minor graphic faults. I.E. text popping up in different areas. This is a hwfbe Hardware Frame Buffer Emulation issue. Which brings me to my last plugin.

GLN64 v0.4.1is also a very good plugin but heres the big problem...although we get rid of the sluggish menu and battle entering issues. This plugin will not play the special effects graphics(those little ball things at the fortune teller) which i think is some kind of alpha issue. Instead you get 3 black squares that are apparently trying to render themselves and then the big damn kicker. The flickering is back to the point you can't see mushroom kingdom.

Can anyone please tell me how I can get the great quality of Glide64 and the excellent speed performance of gln64 together so I can finally enjoy PAPER MARIO. If you use the hwfbe in Glide64 it takes away its ability to render those special alpha effects ball thingys I've been talking about and it doesn't buffer well. I'm just so frustrated. I await wisdom.
    THE KEY IS TO GET TO KNOW PEOPLE AND TRUST THEM TO BE WHO THEY ARE. INSTEAD, WE TRUST PEOPLE TO BE WHO WE WANT THEM TO BE AND WHEN WE FIND OUT WHO THEY REALLY ARE, WE CRY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All that and no system specs. Well off hand I would say check your cpu usage when using the wonder plugin and paper mario that should be the only thing slowing the game down. Try playing it on a beefier machine. Although your system specs would really help

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kahncrane
    All that and no system specs. Well off hand I would say check your cpu usage when using the wonder plugin and paper mario that should be the only thing slowing the game down. Try playing it on a beefier machine. Although your system specs would really help
    Theres the specs. Can you help.
    THE KEY IS TO GET TO KNOW PEOPLE AND TRUST THEM TO BE WHO THEY ARE. INSTEAD, WE TRUST PEOPLE TO BE WHO WE WANT THEM TO BE AND WHEN WE FIND OUT WHO THEY REALLY ARE, WE CRY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You almost have the same specs as i do, but i have what is called a beefy machine... whatever...
    Anyway, did you grabbed the newest Glide64 (version 0.8), if so did you update your gfx driver. I have the same gfx card as you (though mine is an overclocked version) but my driver is 78.01...
    As we look back, we think about what we could have done and as we look forward, we wonder... what we can do...
    Some Questions cause us to think while the answers cause us to wonder...

-Quotes from Myself, da1writer

Oh, and check out http://www.ibuypower.com ,
    That's where I bought my computer!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay so I need to download this driver78.01 Does your paper mario game work good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... my Paper Mario also suffers the same problems with Glide 0.8
    NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS A SIGNITURE!

Snesmaster40:
    -What video plugin are you using?
    -Are there any GS codes on?
    -Are you using the latest RDB?
    -Is your ROM a good version? Get GoodN64 and GoodWindows and scan your ROM

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hwfbe effects are slow if you don't have a real voodoo, unfortunaly.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomulation
    Yeah, like driving the Mushroom cup in Mario Kart 64 and running off into the dirt/grass and watch the dirt kick up - and your framerate plummet

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomulation
    hwfbe are not emulated at all with wrappers

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so with all this said........what do we do? I really want to fix this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast