What's new

$1300 budget amd64 pc

Cönker1

NO, Get the Athlon 64 3800+ X2, its cheap and good. 6800(GT) would do well.

Hard Drives are cheap from Tigerdirect or Ncix.

xneoangel

Persona User
Cönker said:
NO, Get the Athlon 64 3800+ X2, its cheap and good. 6800(GT) would do well.

Hard Drives are cheap from Tigerdirect or Ncix.

Yeah man the pieces you say are good but he says he need a budget PC if he buys a AMD 64 3800+ X2 + Motherboard + Hard Drives + Monitor + Geforce 6800 (GT) + Case + Peripherals + Windows XP and some more Software needed it will surpass the 1300$ he says he has.

Altough i do have to tell you something you should buy a motherboard with socket 939 support and an AMD 64 socket 939 to have the possibility to upgrade in the future because if u buy an AMD 64 socket 754 ull have to forget the possibility of upgrading in the future without changing the motherboard.

OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well i am going with a sandiego core so obviously it will be pciexpress,gfx card that can do fine with that lcd's resolution will do since i don't need a high end card.

xneoangel

Persona User
A GeForce 6600 GT is a pretty good GFX card and costs 160-190$ if you want a cheap and good GFX card buy a 6600 GT.

Cönker1

xneoangel said:
Yeah man the pieces you say are good but he says he need a budget PC if he buys a AMD 64 3800+ X2 + Motherboard + Hard Drives + Monitor + Geforce 6800 (GT) + Case + Peripherals + Windows XP and some more Software needed it will surpass the 1300$ he says he has.
No it won't. He could get 6800 very cheap, athlon for about 350, HDD for about 200-300 (both together) and if he has an OS already then just load that. XP is cheap now, like under 100 bucks in some spots.

Just has to shop around, buy wisely.

xneoangel

Persona User
Cönker said:
No it won't. He could get 6800 very cheap, athlon for about 350, HDD for about 200-300 (both together) and if he has an OS already then just load that. XP is cheap now, like under 100 bucks in some spots.

Just has to shop around, buy wisely.

All right i thought an Athlon 64 X2 would be more expensive but if its only 350$ as conker says go for it. :happy:

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Pricewatch.com

Worked well for me.

I built mine for around 1100.

Of course I didn't get a monitor either.

Last edited: