What's new

Cassini 2.0

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
A new version of the best emu of saturn is out, i cant post the link because its a hack of the comercial version of giri giri.

I will try Burning Rangers nowwwwwwwwww!

retroK

Cassini is bullshit, just look at the so called "changelist".
All the "author" did is just package some new tools (by other authors of course) together with the hacked girigiri-gav.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
retroK is just right... Despite how many "Cassini" versions come out the compatibility will be the same just because there are simply no internal changes (because the cassini guys do not even have the source code of the original Giri Giri). The only changes are some more hacks and a bunch of useless utilities. Bah...

OP
Gelon.com

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
Call Giri Giri, call Cassini but for now its the best emulator (and i have no SSE)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Cassini is and always was shit...
All good emulation pages stopped posting news about it and I thought the "authors" stopped these f*cking "project"...
But it's always the same: the biggest sh*t continues and good projects stopped being developed... :(

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Giri Saturn (the commercial version of Giri Giri) was simply amazing back then... That's why there were so many hacks of it by people who wanted to be famous. The first person who hacked it and made available to the public was the only person (apart from the author) that deserved to be credited. Every other person that "hacked" it again (especially Barnito and the Cassini team) were just lamers who wanted to be credited for the work of others without making any essential changes to the emulator itself (like adding good looking installers, changing the name of the emulator, the name of other files as well as including tools and info of other authors to the installer and naming them as their own tools and info).
Regarding the "open source" stuff of Cassini... It's just ripped assembly code that has absolutely no real use (you can't make essential changes to the emulator using this piece of code). The only person who is able to make such changes is the original author of Giri Saturn.

Nowadays, the best Saturn emulator that manages to include speed, compatibility and accuracy is SSF with the private BETA of Satourne coming second. Giri Saturn (including its hacks like "Cassini") is in the third place right now and since it's not developed anymore it will fall even more year after year...

deathace

Actually, SSF is a little slow, even on my A64 2.1ghz. Games that are intensive in 3d tend to frameskip a lot. I remember Giri giri gave me a lot higher fps, but it had too many bugs and movies would skip too much.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Actually, you're wrong! If you run a game from the actual CD-ROM (not from an ISO) it runs faster and generally better. There's a major performance hit if you use a virtual drive (or other programs that have to do with the drives) and the audio tracks tend to be messed up. If you disable the frameskip the game will run even smoother. :)