What's new

Sound problem with Mortal Kombat Trilogy on epsxe

Setoshi

I recently bought MK Trilogy for epsxe, but I hear no music. I hear sound, but no music. And the sound when they show the game company logo "Williams" or whatever, it jitters. My other games work and sound perfectly well. All of them except MK Trilogy.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
What SPU plugin are you using with ePSXe? Make sure there's a check mark next to "Enable Sound", Enable CDDA Sound", and "Enable XA Sound". Having these three options turned on should solve your problem. (Go to "Config" then to "Sound", these options should show up.)

OP
Setoshi

Setoshi

Yes, I have checked all 3. I use ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 for most games, but I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41(I don't use this one for the other games, since it's pretty slow) for MK Trilogy, since it works better with the game than the other sound plugins I have tried.

EDIT: It doesn't jitter during the "Williams" part of the intro with the plugin I use for MK Trilogy.

Last edited:

Clements

I have only got MK Trilogy to work properly with the actual disc myself, when I made an ISO of it with Alcohol120% all the music was missing, just as you described. There must be some kind of protection involved or some such.

ens04

i have the exact same problem i run the ISO and the game works fine and so does the sound but there is no music, i thought there was going to be music. If anyone knows how to fix this PLEASE help out