(From readme.txt)

*** v0.56 WIP 2 ***
    - Bug Fix release... nothing much new
    - Finally received Project64 1.6
    - Hydro Thunder and Tarzan work well by using Project64 1.6's
    - Fixed those nasty SP_DMA_READ Errors
    - Fixed hangups in all roms which worked before
    - Eliminated some pops and crackles in games that shouldn't have them
    - And no... configuration has not been changed (least of my worries)

Attached Files Attached Files
    -Azimer

"I am not a teacher: only a fellow traveler of whom you asked the way.
    I pointed ahead -- ahead of myself as well as of you." (George Bernard Shaw)

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay, an update *gets to testing* will edit post once i've done some.

edit: definitely got rid of the crashing bugs, thanks for the update!
    Last edited by ScottJC; May 9th, 2005 at 05:20.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet release all nasty messages are gone

1) Top gear rally still doesn't boot, even with PJ64 Audiofix. was working with 0.55.1 with Pj64audiofix, even if sound was not very good.

Please notice that Stunt racer and World driver championship suffers the same problem (to get gfx use last Rice video plugin)

2) i noticed that there is now "crispy" sounds that was not in the first release : the more obvious is with Beetle Adv Racing: the sound is crispy with this release and was perfect witht the first release (but i got the message in games)

3) 1964: sometimes i get a thread errors (need to close and open again the emu and it works: weird ?) ,hangings, in some games sound is disappearing, or there is no more music but still ambient sound. Weird. it was working quite well with first release i think.
    (ex: DK64, SFRush 2049, Iggy's Reakin' Balls )
    Last edited by olivieryuyu; May 15th, 2005 at 16:19.

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bout to test it

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some Testings:with pj64 either with Jabo v1.6 or Rice Video v6.1.1 Beta 10

Cruis'n USA - Works Perfect at 60fps(this was tested with jabo 1.6)

Cruis'n World - (Game Works Now)Audio runs too fast, if you enable "Force old audio Sync" or turn off "Emulate /Simulate AI" the game runs ar 35fps. No way to make the audio at normal speed.(this was tested with jabo 1.6 & With Rice v6.1.1b10)

Cruis'n Exotica - works at 60fps(this was tested with jabo 1.6) if you activate activate "Super 2XSai texture" and "Always use Texture Filter" in jabos plugin, speed randomly goes from 45fps to 60 fps during races. Dont no if this is a video plugin issue, but thats what happens when you activate them.

Hydro Thunder - Works Great, Music during races sound much better than wip 1.(this was tested with Rice v6.1.1b10)

Legend of Zelda OOT - Works perfect during gameplay(this was tested with Rice v6.1.1b10), causes the emulator to crash when reseting(pressing F1) when having "Load High-Res texture if available" activated in rices plugin.

Legend of Zelda MM - Same as ocarina of time.

More to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (Using PJ64 1.6 w/Jabo's 1.6 D3D8 plugin)
    Games with faster-than-normal audio - The Legend of Zelda: OOT, Goemon's Great Adventure, Hybrid Heaven, and others.

Games with slow FPS w/old audio-synching on - Mystical Ninja 64, The Legend of Zelda: OOT, GGA, Bomberman 64, Hybrid Heaven

Games with less than 50% FPS with this plugin - FZeroX

Games with normal sound/FPS - Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, Banjo Kazooie,
    Banjio Tooie, Hydro Thunder, Mario Golf 64, etc.

Games that still crash - Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, Killer Instinct Gold, etc.

EDIT (5/9/05) - Keep in mind that this plugin has improved alot over the previous releases. I do not intend to insult Azimer's project. Besides, I don't know jack about computer programming.
    Last edited by dragon_rider; May 9th, 2005 at 20:40.
    何って!? お前は任天堂 Wiiが好きじゃないか?! さあ, 俺はてめえのPS3を打っころしてやる!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Resident Evil 2.

Audio stutters in the main menu, but not on the options menu. Then if the "Resident Evil 2" voice lasts too long, then the voice during the introduction sequence won't appear.

MSI 975X Power Up Edition | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 | Seagate 60 7200RPM PATA UDMA5 & 320 SATA2| Visiontek HD 3870 | Dell 2007WFP 20.1" | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 | Jazz Speakers JS300 2.1 | LG GSA-H12N UDMA4 | Logitech G5 & G15 | Logitech Rumblepad 2 | Epson Stylus CX4700 | Windows XP+SP3 | DirectX 9.0c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work, all games i´ve tested work (i´ve tried only booting and waited for the first sounds), only Banjo-Tooie crashed the first time started, but only once, so it mustn´t be your plugins fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Azimer, I noticed you were talking about the surround sound options in an earlier thread, and have the answer for you. The N64 only supports stereo of course, so the audio stream will look basically the same. The surround option in games changes the way the game does its stereo calculations so that a sound that would be behind the player is given a different phase or is assigned to both speakers at once. Then, you connect the N64 stereo audio outputs to your stereo system and turn on Dolby ProLogic(aka Dolby Surround or ProLogic2 if you have it) decoding, which takes the sound ques and applies them to the proper speaker in a surround system.

The stuff that actually does the surround encoding is the game's sound program itself, not anything special in the N64 hardware. Some SNES games have the same options, and ProLogic2 games on Gamecube use the exact same thing.

To do auto-detection in your plugin, you would have to check the CRC of the game and a certain data address(game specific) that holds the game's audio config(stereo/surround) and if that matches a table of known surround capable games then turn on surround decoding.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor007
    To do auto-detection in your plugin, you would have to check the CRC of the game and a certain data address(game specific) that holds the game's audio config(stereo/surround) and if that matches a table of known surround capable games then turn on surround decoding.
    sounds too difficult to implement........

PS: excellent plugin keep up your great work, carrying the whole N64's scene towards the perfection

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast